December update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxence822, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Maxence822

So I've heard a lot of talk about the Christmas (sorry, Auraximas) update but I'm wondering, will it come out this month? Most monthly updates come out in the first week or so of that month and are usually announced a few days before so let me know
  2. Paragon Exile

We've been told sometime from the 15th to the 25th. It's a bit off this month because they skipped the november monthly update in favor of a single large one packaged with the december one.

inb4 invul bug.
    • Up x 2
  3. WarmasterRaptor

I don't know if we should be happy or not... about the November update being pushed to December and combined with it...

If the perfomance and the stability is neat, I have nothing against it.

But as experience demonstrate... I hope they are already planning the hotfix...
    • Up x 5
  4. Tommyp2006

Higby mentioned on his Higby Pls stream that it would be the week of Dec 14th-20th. Expect wieldable knives, Christmas Event, and maybe the changes to VS camo coverage if Bill is happy with them by then, along with the usual bug fixes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Maxence822

Ok well that's sort of good news :) By then I'll be done with first semester finals and I'll have my new pc completely built (hopefully). But I'm just really looking forward to those wieldable knives for my stalker infil character.
  6. TheKhopesh

I wish the pistol scopes were out.
    They seem ffunctional on PTS, though they still need to change the revolver vertical recoil in the animation so it doesn't blind you each shot, but that's something I can live with on the 1x sight for now, which I would love to have.
  7. SerasVic

How could you forget the auto-turrets?
  8. Zica96

When will it be? And a list of included "updates" would be nice.
  9. Ribero

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/595419916 - Higby Pls Stream

• 8:00 = Knife Stuff 28.30
    • 15:10 = Vulcan/FTE Stuff
    • 18:25 = Banshee Stuff
    • 23:00 = AI Turrets
    • 26:15 = Holiday Event
    • 29:10 = Camo Changes
    • 38:00 = Base Benefits
    • 47:00 = Outfit Base Customisation
    • 49:40 = Cert Economy Changes
    • 52:30 = PS4 Stuff
    Courtesy of Reddit user ontos90
    Source
    • Up x 6
  10. CEGrif

auto turrets are not ready currently
  11. z1967

SOE releases patch, here are the usual results.
    Fixes:
    -Hitching is fixed
    -People no longer are ejected out of their vehicles
    Bugs:
    The vanguard AP's resistance has been changed to light machine gun
    Aircraft now cannot land and gravity is inverted just for them
    The Beamer is buffed
    The Trac-5 Burst now fires flashes
    The Liberator is nerfed
    The Lightning tank can now pull off the reverse maneuver

/s
    • Up x 7
  12. OldMaster80

Yeah my spider senses tell me small steps are the best thing for planetside... Big patches might have unexpected and depressing results.
    • Up x 1
  13. SerasVic

YES PLZ

Use ctrl instead of space and should be fine no ?

Sounds great, especially trying to get the leading right

doesn't matter

o_O
    :eek:
    :)

imba thread : lightning driving ceiling is too high and "reverse maneuver ur lightning videos"
  14. RadarX

The update is currently targeting next week.
    • Up x 4
  15. current1y

Is the goal still to get the automated turrets in or is it looking like this feature isn't going to be ready?
    • Up x 1
  16. Zica96

I just saw in the stream that the knife has to be purchased in order to use it??! What the hell, i mean can you at least use you're normal chainblade and activate it or do you need to purchase the knife for freaking 1000 CERTS! I mean who would infest in it or grind the certs just so you can get a stupid knife! It seems like a lot of money and time invested in making those certs just so you can get a knife. They should like put a price of 300 or 500 certs TOPS in order to get it, it just seems stupid to me.
  17. CEGrif

the knife can 1hk
  18. Zica96

Ok, didn't take that in notice, but can the standard one be activated and not be able to OHK?
  19. CEGrif

not sure
    • Up x 1
  20. z1967

The standard one cannot be activated to OHK however it can be pulled out to melee and is surprisingly effective compared to quick knifing. The activatable one's cost is debatable (I think it should be less, but what do I know) however it shouldn't be too much of an issue since pretty much every gun is better than the knives.

Also, chainsaw knives. TR get the awesomest knife because there is nothing that can top chainsaw knives.
    • Up x 4