December update pushed back by a day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Ribero

I'm sure they'll post about it on these forums at some point, but for now:

[IMG]

If the image doesn't show for you:
    David Carey "Going to need another day on the update; Thursday at 6am PST is the new target."

That should be:
    3pm CET
    2pm GMT
    9am EST
    7am MST
    • Up x 13
  2. Crator

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  3. FieldMarshall

Thanks for letting us know Ribero.

"Thanks" for letting us know David.
    • Up x 15
  4. FateJH

Alternate Thursdays are the normal update days anyway.
  5. HadesR

As long as they leave themselves 3 or 4 working days after the patch to fix any bugs / issues / glitches before the Holidays then it's all good ..
    • Up x 2
  6. NylaJess

Keep in mind this: "at some point = near future for SOE = can take up to 2 years" given SOE track record and their awesome communication in their official forums, better pull chair and wait, because will be long wait :D
    • Up x 1
  7. DFDelta

*snicker*
    Good one.
    • Up x 3
  8. Konstantinn

What's in the new update? Anything cool or just your usual run of the mill golden guns, a couple of helmets and balance tweaks?

I thought I'd thrown in a few new helmet designs I found randomly on google (because I know that's exactly what this game needs... more helmets...):

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. Dualice

Well played.

To answer your question the biggest one is going to be the automated engineer turrets. I would also guess some more seasonal offers/sales/cosmetics/general tomfoolery.

Thanks to OP for posting this here. I for one follow Twitter as I would an Elton John tribute act doing a tour of the Gaza strip. I.e., not at all.
    • Up x 2
  10. Bindlestiff

Wasn't the last proper update November 20th?
  11. Ribero

30th of October I think. Seem to remember them saying they'd roll the November update into the December one.

Been nothing but "Hotfixes" since, if I recall.
    • Up x 2
  12. Konstantinn

Thanks for reply, auto turrets would be a worthy addition if it makes this update.
  13. Blippy

Don't forget the new knife mechanics where you can wield it as a weapon and activate it for OHK swings at the cost of it being noisy.
  14. Haquim

I'm not usually one to straight up whine about the devs and such but....

This is why I can't take RadarXs promises that the devs use the forums (among other media) to communicate seriously.

It's gonna take another day? Well fine, take all the time you need, I have no problem with that. BUT! I can't be arsed to convert my time now, but im sure this was posted more than 6 hours ago and I still can't see this on the "Announcements" section of your own forums. If copypasting this to the official forums is too much work I'm already dreading the update. Who knows what else they should've done but couldn't be bothered to.
    Even worse - taking another day? That makes no sense except if you already anounced you aimed for wednesday. I can't see that anouncement either....
    • Up x 3
  15. ElastaPlast

Who thought a drawn knife drawn makes more noise than one you have to pull from it's sheath to use? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  16. OldMaster80

They are probably not aware they have an official forum.

BTW who cares? The update is likely to be incomplete, with the automatic crap turret being postponed again. And we still have no roadmap for January and the rest of the year.
    The quality of their communication is so bad that as far as we know they could have decided to stop development completely.

Seriously I love this game but last months completely convinced me it's no longer worth a single cent.
    • Up x 2
  17. Goretzu

Nanites I guess, same reason offical news can't be posted on the offical forum or in the game launcher I believe.
  18. uhlan

The same thought process was behind all objects having "wear and tear" on them despite being formed from nanites seconds before.

Rarely does anything make sense in this game graphically or otherwise.
  19. Bindlestiff

So that is someway past being an alternate Thursday then right?

20. Atis

it can be activated for higher damage, so it actually can contain some noisy tech thingy inside.