December Update discussion thread.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Ribero

A place for the discussion of the update detailed here, since they don't allow commenting in the thread itself.

Some noteworthy things:

• Wieldable Knives
    • Spitfire Turrets
    • Winter Event Directive
    • Tier 4 Implants/Implant changes
    • Red dot Sights added to all NS Pistols
    • Ability to Ban Players From Squads/Platoons
    • Banshee/Vulcan changes
    • Bug fixes
    • No Helmet Helmet
    • Up x 2
  2. Auzor

Wieldable knives: buttom combo's sound awkward to me. How will the game know whether I'm trying to "quickknife" or "hold knife" for example. Also, not a fan of "OHK knife", but if you wear flak armor rank 5 you can eat an anti-tank rocket, and you can totally take 2 Gaus Saw rounds to the head!

Spitfire turrets: .. another engi toy, another AI toy.. anti-infantry & first artificial intelligence toy. pftt, doesn't fire cloaked players etc

Tier 4 implants: I'm against implants tbh so.. yeah.

-red dot sights: why would they get 2x scopes? Why do the ES pistols not get this? Shouldn't several of the ES pistols be buffed to be on par with the NS revolvers? etc.

-Ban players: good move. (team killer ban etc).

-Banshee vulcan: could have halved splash damage. Instead, area is now really, really small. (and damage is lowered) Effect to be seen, but seems quite a nerf.

-Buf fixes: good I suppose.

-No helmet: hmm.. worth checking out.

NO MOUSEYAW :mad:

nothing to see here, move along, move along.
    Sorry, but nothing on that list is exciting to me.
  3. Thrones

do not like the no helmet helmet, it is hard enough to tell friend from foe. Can we have no armor armor next please?
    • Up x 1
  4. Ikarius77

- Too much not needed things... (spits turrets, dot's for pistols, implants)
    - Good things (Ban players, Bug fixes),
    - A needed nerf but wrong addresed (Banshee reduced splash doesnt make sense in an explosive cannon)

I'm not sure... how to think about Vulcan... lets see.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheBlindFreak

Only if it comes with the option to dress like the Fonz.

Aaaayyy!
    • Up x 3
  6. thenewbie

*scrolls down through changelog*

............That's a lot of bug fixes......
    • Up x 1
  7. Crator

Knives can now be wielded by holding down the quick knife button or via gear slot 8. In general a wielded knife can swing faster than the quick knife.

So quick knives are used the same as always. Hold down the button to wield the knife.
    • Up x 2
  8. Crator

What are Key Reminders exactly?
  9. Ribero

I *think* it's meant as "Key Bindings". So when you get into a sunderer for example, something like this will pop up for a brief period of time (Unless you disable them.)

[IMG]

Like that. Could be wrong though.
    • Up x 1
  10. OldMaster80

Imho nothing in this patch was prioritary.
    We have important features that are still unfinished like missions and resources, continents are still not connected, warpgates do not work and battle islands seem to be forgotten or mothballed. Last vehicle they added has potential but it's complete crap. And there is not even need to mention again the redeployside problem.

Now they're not communicating anymore, roadmap is no longer up to date, and don't know what is going on.

But hey we have knives ( with months of delay) and a new deployable (which means barricades will never be implemented).
    • Up x 8
  11. task_master

Turrets shoot through smoke? Connery better have HSNV on everything this weekend.
    • Up x 1
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

new knifes: i am not the knife guy, will probably pass these on

autoturrets: looking forward to them even if attacking a biolab will probably be like hell now (aka move out of shieldroom and get autolocked by a thousand machineguns)

pistol scopes: i am with auzor on this one. why aren't there ES pistol scopes as well? underboss/commissioner are already strong enough they dont need an easier time at midrange

tier4 implants:... eod hud 4 it is then!

no helmet: if they go with that one they NEED to finally add custom hair styles and new faces. heads just look too silly without helmets

bug fixes: no sight of missing vehicle tracers bugfix wth!:mad:

spiker buff: magsize increase from 14 to 16 holy shhh:eek:
    • Up x 2
  13. SpruceMoose

to all the vanu who will soon look like idiots in rain boots

you have my sympathies

also a spiker buff
    hell yes!
    14-16

are you ******* serious?
  14. Ronin Oni

What, you expect people to actually READ the patch notes before making absurd complaints?!???
  15. Ronin Oni

They really don't......

Don't like the ugly hair? Don't buy the nohelmet helmet then.

Though maybe we'll get a Higby's Hair "hairmet" finally :p

In any case, buzzcuts on all soldiers is far from unexpected... you do know that's a requirement for soldiers right?
  16. AlexR

Spitfire turrets is just a nonsense. This game should not have anything that fires automaticly. I know what will happen: oh god, we are loosing the base, redeploy to next one and setup it with turrets. Everywhere. Every corner. Squads spamming turrets and THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO STAY AROUND. What a stupid idea for an MMO. A lot of hate from me to this spitfire dumbthing.
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

i won't. but i will still encounter the 'no helmet' on teammates as well as enemies

seriously, what speaks against more character customization? the current level is mediocre at best. without helmets, everyone will end up looking like clones. different faces and hair would remedy that
    • Up x 1
  18. EViLMinD

SOE won't be fixing the vehicle exit ejection bug I assume. WTF is up with that? Stuff like that should be a priority. HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN INGAME? Cooooooooommmmmme ON, SOE. Da Fk!?!
    • Up x 8
  19. FBVanu

Let me understand the idea ..

we can now Auto-Farm with Auto-Turrets?

Engineers can become the master class in defending a base.. (put one auto turret into every door way, and one right behind it..)
    Engineers can become the master farmers.. (put auto turrets in front of every spawn room exit...)

Strategy : Just before the cap point flips, Valkyrie or Galaxy a bunch of engineers to the next base on lattice road,
    place auto turrets in front of every door - door way where enemies will come out to fight the oncoming enemy..
    Before they even get out to defend the next base, they get hit by auto turrets?

Anyone know how many certs they cost and how many nanites they eat up for each deploy? (or are they like Mana Turrets, they don't cost any nanites at all?)

Maybe I'm thinking these things will be too strong... ?
    • Up x 1
  20. Ronin Oni

I doubt many people will buy it as is since as you note
    a) heads are ugly
    b) it's overpriced as fuq

and frankly, I don't want them to improve it and to have MORE people running around without helments, not to mention they'd likely be even more resource heavy than the ridiculously vast assortment of helmets we already have.

Why be anti-customization? Cause we already have too damn much TBQFH.

It's one of the leading causes for the contuing drops in performance.

I bet if they scrapped EVERY SINGLE COSMETIC in the game and forced everyone to use default the game would run as good as it did back on launch.

#1 downside to the profit model they have... they have to keep adding this stupid crap which really does nothing but make the game perform worse so someone can wear a ***** on their head.
    • Up x 2