Death Screen Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Mar 10, 2014.

1. KnightCole

Yeah, that Lib update is going to make Libs the number one most ******** thing to face in game....they already take like 10 dumbfire launcher shots
    • Up x 2
  2. HadesR

Also increased Comp armours resistance to Flak ..
  3. Negator

NO DEATH SCREEN POSITIONING INFORMATION.

NO DUMBFIRE NERF TO LIBERATORS.

Everything else is fine. Seriously though, nobody wants death screens to lead you to your killer, and Liberators were not being countered by dumbfires.
    • Up x 3
  4. Goretzu

Yeah I'll wait and see how it plays out, but it's a more than a bit worrying.
  5. Pootisman

They BUFF the liberator??? WTF
    Liberator ist alreadi ridiculously overpowered and they buff it even more? Is this an early april fools joke or something?
  6. Santondouah

I don't consider Flak a threat while I'm in my lib. It takes 1 and half Skyguard clip to destroy a lib and most of the time players are not at all coordinated for AA tasks. Flak is just powerful enough to make libs flee, not to destroy experienced crews.
    Flak only becomes a problem for libs if it's coordinated (many flak sources or supported by lock-ons for instance) and even though, most of the time it's still manageable to flee.

Lib's natural predators are ESFs. ESFs' (natural) predators are ESFs and G2A. One of G2A's predators are libs (if libs cannot kill ground units effectively, what's the point in pulling one ?). This is really good IMO.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bl4ckVoid

Libs desperately need a nerf, they ruin all small engagements.

And if they encounter any AA, they just fly away, repair, come back and score cheap skills with zero risk. And if the Lib is on fire they just bail and deprive people the kill.

And now they get a buff, that is just great.
  8. z1967

If this is what I think it is, it better not be. Everything else on that list (for the death screen) is ok though and I like the changes.

Look, I am all for increasing the chances of survival of the Lib as an air vehicle, but making it so that I have to shoot several AP rounds into a lib that is about to TB me is not going to be fun. If I can hit your lib with my puny Python AP, that is your fault for flying that low. Even so, the liberator already has a passive resistance to flak, why does it need any more resistance with composite? I know that it is just 8%-14% resist but with AA that means quite a bit of damage is being negated.

Paired with the buff to tailguns, I think that the Lib should not be capable of being able to belly up and shoot the air with the belly gun. Pilots and crew should have to rely on the tailgun for A2A purposes. You can still belly up, but it will be more of a roll of the dice and more dependent on your altitude at the start of the maneuver. Doing it at <300m would be risky at brst and usually result in crashing into the ground. Past that, the higher up the more likely you are to recover from the maneuver.

Its about time, thanks for adding those!
    This one is the most interesting as I have always wanted to customize optics, I just was not expecting it like this. Gonna have to see what this is exactly.
    • Up x 1
  9. Santondouah

Fly one and tell me how it's OP for people not investing a huge amount of time/certs in it ? Any coordinated AA (ESFs or G2A) can take out libs very easily. If people does not use the weapons at their disposal to take libs down, it's their problems. I don't want the repeater to become en effective counter to libs (that's nearly what some of you guys are asking for).

Just find one or two friends, use G2A lockons and tell me how libs are OP (6 hits). If a 3 persons vehicle could be easily taken down by one person alone, THAT would be the problem. And that's what you guys want.

Finally the Dalton splash nerf is not what I call a "buff". OK, Lib is buffed against Tank shells. Reminder : AP/HEAT tanks are not to be AA units (even though they perform very good at it). So if you don't want your turret vertical angle to be nerfed, accept these "buffs" which, by the way, will only make lib easier for rookie crews (who hover, stationary, over the area they are bombing). Experienced crews (the ones who don't hover at 100m altitude) won't get that much advantaged by these buffs as the newly countered sources were not threats.
    • Up x 2
  10. Doomzzg

[IMG]
    Had to record this screen because pressing my fraps screenshot button took me to the deploy screen instantly.

One big giant mess is what it is compared to the one we have now. And the directional map kill is laughable
    • Up x 4
  11. AltF4Fun

Death screen position on the map is not good.If you manage to kill someone from a good spot where he didnt see you,he deserves to die and should start searching.Not get the target presented on a silver plate.And no clue who came up with the Flak buffs for the Lib.For everything in this game,there should be a hard counter.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ghosty11

It's the default Lightning Viper turret mounted on the Liberator. What could possibly be wrong with that?:eek:
  13. Bl4ckVoid

Because they fly away after 2 hits? Or kill you before you can fire? I regularly see multiple ESF + Lib + several tanks attacking 1-12 base with 2-3 infantry. What can the people on the ground do except hit redeploy?

The problem is, in large fights the Libs are vulnerable (so they do not go there), in small scale fight they are invincible, so all they do is farm people who can do nothing about them.
  14. Bl4ckVoid

Maybe Libs should not get any certs killing people in sectors where population is low. Cert gain would scale up in bigger battles.
  15. Bl4ckVoid

I
    I meant 2-3 infantry on the attacking side.
  16. OldMaster80

This should be changed at least for silenced weapons and mines. But honestly I think that's a very dumb idea: the killcam should be removed.
    • Up x 4
  17. Santondouah

When multiple ESFs+lib+ several tanks attack, they are much more than these 2-3 infantries defending. Don't you think it's normal that you guys have nothing better to do than redeploying ? And even, that's not true. In new base designs it's most of the time quite easy to be protected from tanks inside a base and if you guys are 3 with G2A lock-ons, you might have quite a feast of air units if you coordinate to hits the same targets !

Anyway, a lib crew is 2 or even 3 persons. Take these 2 or 3 infantries with G2A lock-ons. FYI it's 5 or 6 hits (I don't remember) to destroy a lib. With 3 or even 2 persons firing at the same time, it's quite easy to quickly get rid of a lib.

Plus I see more and more AA MAX + Decimator HA clever combinations: the MAX stays safe in the spawn until the HA manages to hit with decimator/several G2A lockons (libs usually don't flee when they get hit by only one G2A lock-on) then the MAX enters in action. This is often very efficient.
  18. NoctD

It doesn't matter much - an upgraded Dalton can still reload and pummel someone with AOE only till they're dead very easily, unless you're close to cover. Might just have to use more rounds/reloads if the gunner isn't so good.
  19. Cinnamon

Libs, ESF and tanks shouldn't ever get full xp for killing infantry IMO. Libs should get almost no xp for infantry kills because of the way they are designed.
  20. DQCraze

So, whats to stop you from getting in an ESF and shooting it down. The problem is your flying skills are lacking and now you want a Nerf because of it.