Dear TR on connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Obscura

just wanted to say, your great lol. when I log on late and emerald is dead, and I go play my TR on connery, I'm always pleasantly surprised at how coordinated this faction is on this server, even during late late hours of the night. Hats off to you
  2. Jubikus

Yay TR gets Kudos too bad im emerald TR.........
  3. Scorpion97

Because they are same good members on all factions,what outfit were you playing with,SOLx?
    • Up x 1
  4. Obscura

no im just speaking generally, as in the TR players individually coordinate with each other very closely. I havent played VS or NC on connery
  5. Renuse

TR are decent here.
  6. _itg

Yep, they do well all because of coordination, not because of the 50%+ server population.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Just like the vs do well on emerald because of their organization and not their 45% pop. Lol.
  8. FateJH

My third of the server had tried to act organized since Helios, though the faction didn't have any population prior to the Genudine merge-in. I don't know what classical Connery has been like.
  9. Obscura

Lol what? This thread was just praising the players individual coordination, especially during late night hours, nothing was said about that being why "they do well".
    And what about the VS on waterson before it merged with mattherson? You know, when the VS on waterson had a constant world pop of 26-29%, yet were still able to capture continents and win server events against a TR with a world pop of 36-44% and The Enclave and NC with 32-35%? Then again :rolleyes: , we did have actual coordination on our faction and a network of outfits called the Vanu Alliance that always communicated and organized together to try to win despite being severely outpopped lol.
  10. Vurvu

One player's view of how the game should be, with the players that make it the game they're wanting to play.

The outside looking in.
  11. _itg

Individual coordination just doesn't matter when you have 50% late night population. Honestly, when I wrote that comment, I assumed you somehow didn't notice the obscene TR overpop and were attributing their success to teamwork, which is why I mentioned it. Then I realized too late that someone necro'd this thread, and I don't think the TR overpop problem was nearly so bad when you posted this in September, which explains everything.
  12. MikeyGeeMan

Yes i remember. Some of the greatest fights were against the vs on waterson. Because you knew they wouldn't roll over. They would get stomped but they wouldn't quit.

Maybe it is time for a server merge.
  13. RedArmy

WTF TR on connery are you talking about??? their all morons and only 10 of us do any real work, the rest bumble around in their harrasers farting around not doing anything constructive
  14. CovertYank

The TR on Connery...they seriously deserve no praise.

If anything. The NC and VS players that fight through their ridiculous over population deserve praise.

And yes, even the VS are getting over pop'd.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

Based on what it looks like on The Rebel Scum, since August, the other two factions have declined while the TR might have gained minor population.

Septemeber was actually pretty normal, population-wise, for the server's history. It's only on 3 October 2015 that the Vanu finally stopped having strong turnout and the TR started being "the annoying third one."

On 1 August at 12:00AM, the faction distribution was 433 380 438. On 18 August at 12:00AM, the faction distribution was 372 378 430. If we break it down into week-long periods and scan across them, we can see how this loss of VS players emerges, down in greater numbers than the NC might have trended down and the TR might have trended up. As the VS is the faction generally receiving the most complaints from either of the other two factions, especially in the field of "how annoying it is to deal with them, it is likely that the loss of pressure via population allows the TR to have to forcus less on VS behavior. The real question is whether that has lead to a rise in TR players who shun fighting the VS for the NC, or if the NC are now engaging the less-populated Vanu, which means they have less people to deal with previous TR preference. None of this factors how factions built their platoons from day to day.

It feels like we're talking about 24-48 in terms of numbers that TR are often overpop. From experience, however, we know that that one platoon can be a real problem.
  16. Agarthan

Late night it's both of them attacking us (VS) while TR sits with at least 10% over pop sometimes 20 or even 25%. Most of them from Asia with ridiculous pings and dedicated ghost capping of whatever map everyone isn't on. Great fun, highly worthy of praise there OP. Some times we can still pull out a W even with their overpop because of better organization and their overpop is lower (3-5%), but most of the time they can just brute force the map. I have >200 hours and I'm already growing tired of logging on and it being hopelessly lopsided on Connery (for example: i didn't play at all this weekend), it's been so bad at points I just made an account on Emerald and went over there instead to see what it was like, but even though VS has the overpop there it's more dead on Emerald than it is on Connery.
  17. FateJH

So, a reverse of what it was like half a year ago with the exceptional Connery primetime VS Asian outfits?
    The real victim of this is the NC. They've so rarely hde strong population during the hours that matter.
    You're getting tired of it? I spent the latter half of 2014 and the earlier part of 2015 when I was still on Connery fighting alongside one near-full platoon against over a platoon's worth of VS at a time with teeth clenched because that's not the fight I wanted to be in but the one I had to be in.

If you want someone to blame, blame the mass switch from the VS, not the TR, because the Asiatic TR constituency was virtually a nonissue on Connery until a month ago when those sides switched. The flavor of the month crowd.
  18. Armcross

We may not be doing something constructive but we are doing something destructive against enemy. The new guns really fit with the harrasers.
  19. RedArmy

meanwhile, were losing the control point