Dear Tier 4 implants.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stargazer86, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Stargazer86

Ahem. Go fark yourselves.

I have five tier 4 implants. Four Sensor Shields and one Safe Landing. I decide to reroll three Sensor Shields to try for a different implant. What do I get? A second Safe Landing.

Fark. Off.
    • Up x 8
  2. St0mpy

Theyre too expensive to run anyway
    • Up x 4
  3. Plastikfrosch

we need to be able to fuse a tier 4 and a tier 3 together to create a mega ultra super charger of doom.
    • Up x 3
  4. ChUnKiFieR

I don't use anything more than a level two or three implant and I have all the ones I want. I use newly arrived implants to make batteries and I only turn one on when I need one. I don't Let them auto run or I'll run out of batteries even though I have about 65 of each. I've never seen a tier 4 implant.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheKhopesh

Implant energy is kinda stupid IMO.
    No one's gonna fork over real cash or an insanely high number of certs for it, so why bother?
    • Up x 2
  6. DirArtillerySupport

Where do tier 4 implants go to die? They group together and stare at me with wanting sorrowful eyes.
  7. FieldMarshall

I also keep getting sensor shields and safe landing when crafting T4.
    Been trying to craft a T4 targeting since implants were released. Its the only really viable T4.

Wish i could spend 10 T4 implants to choose which one to get instead.
    But that would defeat the whole purpose with the implants, which is to annoy you until you give in and spend $$.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mefi

Scrin said he couldn't make it even after combining implants on PTS for few hours, and it and few other T4s were removed from VR some time ago.

I wish to get Marker and ET4 but seems like they don't exist.
    • Up x 1
  9. Villanuk

Im laughing here, i share you pain buddy, all i can say is your not alone.
  10. Goretzu

Just wait till they bring in tier 5, 6 & 7.

Tier 7 will probably run straight off daybreakgame cash. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. zaspacer

1) Implant crafting system is a Nightmare. It takes too much clicking, and there is no way to actually Pay More to ensure you get what you need. This makes the Higher Tier Implants an exercise in total grind, clicking, and RNG frustration.
    2) I don't think the PS2 Designers play this game anymore, and only read Reddit or nothing (and Reddit is terrible for archiving/discussing; it's good for reading hype). Their "In Development" is not what players are asking for; and I don't think they hear, would understand, or address your (very real) Implant problems.
    • Up x 1
  12. SpoofGhost

Just throw more money toward this way to expensive milk-cow of a game ( yay $10 helmets)!! Cause its so worth it, you will get fast bug-fixes and new finished working content being pushed out at a reasonable speed.

At least you can, use the tier 4 p2w advantage if you throw money at the game. x)
  13. Megalegs

Been chasing those weird tier 3 benefits at tier 2 energy implants that were reported to exist at one stage.

Got 7 unique tier 4s, thought their were at least double that remaining, not 1.

Puzzled as to why I kept getting duplicates given the odds.

Only 8 unique tier 4s now seemingly.
  14. JojoTheSlayer

In my view they should slightly redo the Implant systems.
    Obviously, I dont have access to the numbers so maybe DayBreak are making a decent amount of money, but...

For me, the implants are situational and since their cost is "high when used", I dont really use them that often.
    Currently, on my main, I have OVER 100+ single cans I have not used yet. Because using implants is not "top tier" needed because the cost is such MOST dont have them active all the time. This, ironically, is why you dont really need implants. LoL

If they however dropped the whole random can drop rate (not actual implants) AND added an extra boost slot JUST for implants.
    With 1 day implant use, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month etc and keep 1 month cost under 500 (the sum members get by being a member. Hay another reason to be a member, right. Still need those DBC hats though...). More people would use them none stop, get their indirect benefit and in turn incentive other people to use them because other people are using them more, ergo pay DBC or go membership.

You can still leave "cans" in the game, but their drop rate would be very low. The cans are then basically a "check implants out" to get people to actually test the implants from time to time, but not make them viable power wise via cans alone. Again, giving people a taste, showing what other people they are fighting have access to and incentive them to get boosts.
  15. MikeyGeeMan

5.99 the first minute 1.99 each additional minute.

Do do do....pick up the phone. Talk to singles just like you.
    • Up x 3
  16. Stigma

There is a T4 targeting implant? ... are you positive?

-Stigma
  17. Stormsinger

I just want a Inexhaustible Energy Unit: Cost of anywhere between 10,000 and 20,000 certs. (or.. whatever the cap is for F2P players, isn't it 10k these days? I know it was raised to 50k for members.) Not purchasable with DBC. Perhaps sell it once a year, for a Christmas event or some such.

I'd gladly pay the cost of 10 max-price weapons for a permanent fix, then I might actually feel like I can use Implants more often.

Also, on a slightly off topic note... I want an account-wide cert pool. This would go a long way in fixing population imbalance. Grant players the ability to spend certs on other characters of the same account would help player retention (veterans wanting to play other characters as something new to do, but not wanting to farm from the ground up) - And granting players an experience bonus on top of it to play for underpopulated factions would encourage them to swap over during times of extreme imbalance.
  18. LordAnnihilator

Only implants I find viable at all are the default one (hp bars on spotted enemies-more useful in general), regen (only useful out of combat to regenerate, when medkits are much easier to use and can pretty much be used anytime), and EOD HUD (which can make tank mines show up, that's it). Even then, I haven't so much as touched the nano-cycler since I started the game, and have no intention of constantly reloading energy just to get hp bars on my enemies. They need to be more versatile, more useful, and less clunky overall. imagine if implants could be hard-converted into certs. that would be awesome.

Stormsinger Said:
    "Also, on a slightly off topic note... I want an account-wide cert pool. This would go a long way in fixing population imbalance. Grant players the ability to spend certs on other characters of the same account would help player retention (veterans wanting to play other characters as something new to do, but not wanting to farm from the ground up) - And granting players an experience bonus on top of it to play for underpopulated factions would encourage them to swap over during times of extreme imbalance."

I cannot agree with this enough. Also, sorry about the formatting, reply button doesn't want to work. :p
  19. Antillie

People use implants? This is news to me.
  20. St0mpy

Well I save my energy when doing other things or when its quiet stepping down a level or two, then I have excess to stick the T4 on for peak times. I just wouldnt buy chargers with DC.