Dear, Emerald VS platoon leaders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Obscura

Can you please stop diverting entire platoons away from good exciting fights to take empty bases? I can understand during alerts territory is important, but I've been seeing alot of large platoons during non alert peak times just rolling around camping empty bases and avoiding "the zerg" aka the largest fights on the map. This is boring as ****, its an FPS not oregon trail.

Sincerely,

Every VS on emerald
  2. Takara

Dear original poster.....please stop trying to tell the people who play this game how to enjoy the game they too also play.

Because...for some people taking that tech plant is more important and more fun to them then fueling your farm at a meaningless biolab.

Because perhaps...just perhaps that platoon wanted a smaller more technical fight as opposed to a giant stalemate. And because sometimes...those fights get boring and they want a fresh change of location.

I was under the impression that the rest of the map was there to use and fight on. But thank you for setting the VS on emerald straight. We will make sure we get your OK to play this game before we attempt to try playing it ourselves.
    • Up x 2
  3. Littleman

Emerald VS...

Pre-primetime is far more fun than prime time, just because the organization simply isn't there. The VS aren't leaving good fights to curb stomp some other fight prior to prime time. After prime time, anything that remotely smells of "even fight" or even "slight disadvantage" they bolt.
  4. Obscura

What exactly is satisfying about taking a base that is empty or nearly empty? Sure, a smaller technical fight against EQUAL opposition is fine, but I can't fathom how any satisfaction can be had when literally all the platoon is doing is idly standing in empty bases until they cap and move on to the next.

That to me is the MUCH easier option. why bother with strategy and using your platoon actively to change the outcome of large fights when you can just place a waypoint, move your character to a base, afk until the base is capped, then repeat the same cycle.
    • Up x 1
  5. n0pax

It's really quite simple, the game has a lot of players like them. They wish to advance their character but lose to 95% of players in gunfights so they avoid combat as much as possible. Nothing wrong with it, if you insist on everyone being combat centric Battlefield 4 is probably a better game for you. It lacks the extensive PvE content of PS2, therefore players of the PvE nature avoid it like the plague.
  6. Takara

Because....that zerg fight you are at didn't start as a zerg fight. It started as a small fight that grew into something more. Sometimes people just need a change of venue. Other times someone may just to grab an enemy's tech plant or re-secure our own so they can hamper the enemy or help our own empire.

There will ALWAYS be a zerg fight...it is impossible to avoid. But I've always found them to generally be pretty dull. Most of the time it is mindless killing with zero progression. At times...that is all I want. but other times...I want to use the brain in my head to do something constructive. But the important thing I keep in mind well playing this game, is that it is an online game with thousands of people playing at any time. And what one person thinks is fun may not be what another person thinks is fun. And generally it makes you seem a bit self centered to think that everyone in this game should conform to what I want. So i just play...and have fun as I see it. Ic an tell you...I've never moved to a base and had NO ONE show up to defend it. Just about 99% of the time someone shows up to contend it.

That said I'm generally playing by myself or a smaller group of two to five people and just working on helping my empire win. I don't usually run platoons.

I would say that is far from accurate. These are also the fights infiltrator really excel at, and it's pretty fun. But if you think small fights are full of less talented players you are sorely mistaken.
  7. n0pax

Sorry I did not mean to imply the that small fights are for less talented players.

What I am trying to say is some people do not play the game to PvP, they play to advance their character and PvE is the best way to do that for some people. I was in a [DaPP] platoon about a week ago that explicitly stated we need to leave this base because it has 5-10 defenders (we were a full platoon). They then moved across the entire map because the bases there had zero defenders.

I usually play later at night (2-7 am eastern and I play on Emerald) and have received dozens of tells over the years from BRs 75-100 asking me to stop defending the base and complaining because I interrupted their empty base capping. I have even had some go as far as report me to harassment for following them base to base defending it.

I simply am saying Planetside 2 has a PvE system and therefore attracts PvE players. If you cannot accept their presence perhaps BF4 where they do not exist is a better fit for you.
  8. Littleman

The lack of human opponents =/= a PvE system. Not in PS2. If someone shows up to defend a location, that is completely, absolutely within the rules of the game. It is the people looking to avoid any combat what-so-ever that need to take a good long look at why they're even bothering to log in.
  9. gunnner10

I say start your own squad and run it how you like. Some platoons just like to have fun and don't take the game too seriously. Others are more disciplined and coordinated. You gotta find what you like, or lead what you like. Cheers
  10. n0pax

Why though? If that is how they desire to play what is wrong with that? They do not seem to have any issue regarding it, I have met ample BR 100s who prefer empty capping to PvP. The game really requires it if you play at off hours too, I actually am writing this while waiting for an empty base cap because there are no battles currently available.

That said I agree it was legal for me to defend my bases and is not written in the rules anywhere. My seven day suspension for partaking in base defense is a main reason I will never spend a dime on this game.
  11. Eyeklops

"It lacks the extensive PvE content of PS2, therefore players of the PvE nature avoid it like the plague"

"the extensive PvE content of PS2"

...."PvE content of PS2"
    [IMG]

"Look at this folks!! Golly it's an amazing beaut isn't it? Lets move closer so we can get a better look....see, what we have here is an untamed wild Spitfire grazing on shrubs protecting the herd.....vicious little fellows"
    [IMG]
  12. Devrailis

He may look cute and innocent, but he is in fact an end game raid boss.

Get your platoon in gear nubs.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

PvE????

There's not supposed to be PvE

does PvE = sight seeing? Staring at spawn doors?

Sorry, but people who overwhelm bases 80/20 are cancers in this game. Sod off.

"HUURRRR WERE WINNINNNGGG@!!!!!"
  14. Goldmonk

Hey, those spitfires actually make me want to buy decoy grenades. I mean, what's funnier than a spitfire killing the guy who deployed it.
  15. MikeyGeeMan

Cat fight cat fight.
  16. Goldmonk

[IMG]
  17. JaimeGabriel

Speaking of PvE, I think I mentioned this in another thread before, but there's this game I used to play before when I was younger, the name of the game was Rising Force Online, basically it's 3 factions versus each other as well (robots vs midgets vs elves in a nutshell).

I remember one time I was like happily killing npc monsters on our own empire territory then all of a suddenly a guy from another faction backstabs me and takes my head off.

Then sometimes a high level boss is chasing your group of 5 people then you look to your right, you see a group of 50 or so people from another faction appear out of nowhere to chase you as well, hoping you make it back alive to safety, haha.

Sometimes I wonder if Planetside 2 will ever have that kind of thing also. :p
  18. MikeyGeeMan

Knight online had that too. But ypu would mess up a whole raid group by pulling mobs through their fight....and force them to wipe....good times