Dear DBG. Plz just fire the entire Rogue Game dev team. You'll thank me later..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Aug 17, 2020.

1. karlooo

BTW what are the new continent missions they are working on?....if I'm correct.
  2. Campagne

It really couldn't be. If the VS were dominating previously, how did they lose so much ground to the NC before the biolab fight ever happened?

The VS, with double the population as the TR, couldn't hold the lab without sacrificing literally everything else to the NC? Whom they also had a massive population advantage over?

And if you saw this happening previously, why are we only seeing a screenshot of the very end of an alert where changing the outcome was impossible thirty minutes ago? Where's the screenshot of the VS fighting over the biolab while the NC took territory uncontested? And why aren't the NC locked into their own biolab? Are we to just assume they don't care about the lab unlike the other two factions?

And might I point out further, this is during the off hours on the least popular continent.

The screenshot shows us nothing about your claim, much the opposite. Do you just expect us to accept your word as proof?
  3. NotziMad

Look, I took that screenshot how? Because I was there....

seroiusly

now we're discussing whether when I say something happened is true or not?

**** off
  4. NotziMad

But I will answer that question ...

The VS too k almost all the continent, including the biolab. But they did not cut off the biolab. They just stayed there.

And as the fight became bigger, and more people joined, both TR (who already had the lowest population) and VS started losing territory to NC.

It didn't take long to capture the rest, because in most fights, they outnumbered VS or TR by more than two times the population.

That's what happened, it answers your question, but you're still a dick.
  5. Campagne

If things happened as you describe them, you'd have also been there to witness the events as well. They would have made for a more compelling screenshot that what you have actually taken.

It shouldn't come down to your word alone when possible. The screenshot demonstrates nothing in support of your point.

The TR were never going to hold any territory with such terribly low populations on an already low player count in the off hours. It takes at least a few minutes to capture any given base even without opposition thanks to capture timers, so yes it would have taken a while to retake half of the entire continent.

But moreso again these are all baseless assertions without evidence. You "were there" and yet only took a shot at the very end when the biolab fight was supposedly going on the entire time?

Haha, yes. I'm the dick here, am I? How dare I poke rightful holes in your shallow position? :rolleyes:
  6. NotziMad

yeah, dude, you're calling me a liar, and even after I reply, you calling me a liar again?

this conversation is over.

edit (what is up with all the ******* trolls and mentally challenged forum idiots?)
  7. Campagne

[IMG]

You have every reason to fabricate a scenario which in your mind validates your claims and frustration towards the game and development team. You also have no evidence and refuse to discuss the matter directly.

Prove your point or give a substantial and reasonable argument.

Petty attempts at insult because no one believes your baseless assertions really doesn't make you look like the good guy here.
    • Up x 2
  8. That_One_Kane_Guy

Bluntly? Yes. Your track record when it comes to backing up claims is... not excellent.
    As others have already pointed out, a picture of a continent with < 2 minutes of life left is not indicative of anything. And given your, we'll call it 'vigorous' bias, the fact that your entire position is apparently founded on merely that single image plus your word isn't good enough.

I'm sorry if that realization grieves you, but that's the way it works. Now can you please stop taking every request for proof beyond your say-so as a grievous insult to your honor and act like an adult?

Nevermind. If not having every word that falls out of your mouth instantly treated as incontrovertible truth is an out of context problem for you, I would wager a guess that the real issue here lies far, far beyond the scope of this discussion.
    • Up x 2
  9. OldSchoolD

Yes I played Arena but most often I logged in, waited 5-10 min and it never got to the minimum amount of players to start a match. Then the matchmaking was awful so matches ended pretty quick most of the time. As to other games go, maybe you can play one aspect of the game at a time and find much better games in every niche, but not the 100-100 combined arms battles you seldomly anymore see in PS2. Often I think of PS2 players as addicts who keep coming back to a bad experience for the memory of the kicks they used to get. The day this finally implodes and we move on to other shooter where you don't have to lead fire by a random 1-10m depending on battle/pop/base/server load we may realize how long we did this to ourselves.
  10. JibbaJabba

Game needs new players, not new devs.

Man you guys get salty sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  11. RabidIBM

I'd say that calling for the entire dev team to be fired is uncalled for. Calling for more investment in the game so better things can be done would be appropriate. I don't disagree that the pop sinks need to be addressed, but please keep the presentation more positive if you want people to listen to you.
    • Up x 1
  12. NotziMad

I didn't mean it literally, and it wasn't click bait either, but please don't be so patronising if you want people to take you seriously. You sound like a moderator lol.
  13. Demigan

If you want to be taken seriously, shouldnt you also accept alternative views of the same problem? I know you can do that with other things, but when the words "biolab" or "alert" come by that goes right out of the window.

I hope the quarantines arent getting to you?
    • Up x 1
  14. vonRichtschuetz

I think they did a good job keeping the game on life support and I never disliked them for not being able to add stuff. Until December last year. They were in the process of getting more manpower, and now that they have, they try to sugarcoat the game with hype instead of fixing actual problems.

A vanu only implant as christmas directive reward - I'd rather have no reward at all, than this biased garbage. It disappoints me that the devs, aside from not caring about other factions flavor, don't even care enough anymore to hide it.
    Adding Bastions, outfit OS, citadel shield, anvils, that do NOTHING for the general gameplay except enabling people to farm more. As if teamplay needed any more rewards. Also it killed construction, every good base just gets nuked from space. And it's annyoing to have 5 orbitals in every bigger fight.
    Adding merit gimmicks, cortium bomb again as counter to construction which isn't playable anymore anyway, adding spitfires for everyone and not being able to see it could be a problem beforehand, a very easy and simple conclusion.
    Adding the punisher, which doesn't add anything in the greater gameplay except more grenade spam.
    Adding the Colussus Tank, yet another tool that rewards teamplay more than it already is rewarded.
    In a PvP-MMO teamplay is already rewarded by being more effective. Adding things that can only be accessed by very few player and those players already being more coordinate and effective to begin with is bad design. It's essentially like adding stuff a la "if your outfit has more than 100 members, your weapons get 20% more bullets per magazine".
    Adding Firestorm as a neutral implant with no downside, again a decision that was obviously going to backfire. The devs have zero foresight whatsoever when adding things to the game. Aside from that, firestorm could work as a TR faction flavor on the chaingun or a max weapon - because these weapons could be balanced separately, instead of having to consider all infantry weapons for that implant.

Meanwhile you get statements in interviews like "don't like that people have to grind for something" and the only thing that's actually worth grinding for is the Betelguse. I vastly underestimated how bad the VS must feel to be the only faction with a useable faction flavor that works with one of the rewards. Those poor players should have taken that away from them so they can feel better.

They refuse to announce anything useful about the next, just bolstering their own twitter accounts with "leaks". They refuse to learn from mistakes of other games (asymmetrical balance, reward structure, power creep). They don't value feedback from the PTS or anywhere else and just put the PTS up for a week, then implement it without changes to live - honestly, I don't think they even read their own forums because it took them 2 months to ban the dude that spammed GTA cheat codes in the announcement section. They posted on reddit about the nvidia driver issue 7 weeks after it became an isse, 3 weeks after a hotfix was available, and judging from the conversation the reason wasn't to help the players, the reason was "we get pinged too often about that issue". 'Please don't talk to us ever, except you boost our personal twitter followers.'

I fully expect them to repeat the same mistakes with the next patch again. Wasting resources on less necessary stuff because it's supposed to generate hype. Ignoring feedback on the quest-system, especially considering the reward structure and playability of the quests.
    • Up x 1
  15. That_One_Kane_Guy

I'm not going to go through all that in detail, but I'll just point out the fact that in the midst of complaining about things that have already been fixed like Spitfire spam and the Firestorm implant, you've managed to:
    1) Complain about the first outfit-specific content released after years of content tailored to the individual,
    2) Complain about the addition of new content for the individual,
    3) Complain about the Bastion being a farming tool while simultaneously bemoaning the addition of the Colossus,
    4) Complain about the existence of Outfits in an MMO,
    5) Complain about teamwork in general,
    6) Complain about the contents of a directive reward nearly 9 months old,
    7) Complain about the lack of official content updates from a staff working from home during a global pandemic.

Nice.
  16. vonRichtschuetz

1) Every content that can be played alone, can be played as team, therefore there are no individual player updates.
    2) I don't care about most of the stuff added, spitfires were an idiotic idea and cortium bomb has barely any use except countering construction, which is barely played anyway.
    3) Except most Colossus tanks I see do not engage bastions.
    4) I don't care about existence of outfits, but giving them a power reward for doing nothing is bad design.
    5) Didn't say that either. Read what I write, don't interpret something that isn't there.
    6) Only because it's old, doesn't mean it never happened.
    7) If they have time to put updates on their personal twitters, they have time to do it on an official twitter too.
    • Up x 1
  17. NotziMad

*cough* spawns in biolab *cough*

hahah
  18. That_One_Kane_Guy

Were you under the impression that this helps your argument? If we're going to play by your rules then I guess the Bastion is available to anyone, therefore your entire purpose for posting here is invalid.
    Now if I don't care that you don't care, do we cancel each other out? Or does my lack of caring not count as much as yours since I'm obviously not the center of this universe in particular?
    Well I guess if you've seen them all there's no point in discussing this further, then.
    That's not how it works? Do you even understand the things you're complaining about?
    I am reading what you write. You have explicitly said that teamwork as it is, is already powerful and therefore nothing should be added to encourage, reward, or incentivize it..
    I'm sorry but that logic breaks down under even the slightest examination. Even if your concerns about Cold Heart were valid, the fact is there have been other events that have taken place since then in which the reasons for your prior complaints are no longer present. In that light continuing to belabor them is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.
    I suppose if your only purpose is fishing for a casus belli it doesn't really matter how petty you come off as.
  19. vonRichtschuetz

Bastion is not available to anyone. Even if it had no crafting time and no resource cost, there wouldn't be enough time for everyone to pull a bastion. Even if some solo players can collect the resources to craft it, what are they actually going to do?

Yeah but I don't care about you either, so what?

Most Colossus I see are randomly roaming around and do not fight Bastions.

Outfits took bases before the update. Outfits are taking bases now. There is no additional effort put in, but it gets rewarded with additional power. Playing as a team has a higher chance of successfully accomplishing things; always had. Giving additional power to the already most powerful playstyle is bad in a PvP environment. It unnecessarily increases the power gap and, besides other things, has a negative impact on new player experience - because let's be honest, new players are getting farmed enough already and the chance they become a part of an outfit that's playing efficient instead of zerging and achieve a high enough rank quickly to personally use the recently added things are pretty low. There is no incentive for good outfits to recruit random new players and there is no incentive for the officers of zergifts to share the benefits of their resource gain.

Old problems that don't get fixed still exist. The same people that thought giving out cold heart as a directive reward are still working and making decisions at daybreak. Only difference is they now call themselves rogue planet. The issues don't disappear by doing other events. It's the same way with overweight - if there's no change in behaviour, it won't go away.

Same point again, I don't care what you think I come off as.
  20. That_One_Kane_Guy

Build a second one and cruise around on them like a pair of water skis? I don't know, what do you think they're going to do with it?
    Exactly. Stop using whether or not you care about something as a litmus test for whether or not it should have been added.
    And you've seen so many, I'm sure. On all servers as well. This guy gets around.
    Yes, but there was no reason not to go off like the Lone Ranger and do whatever you pleased. Outfits offered nothing that you couldn't get by bouncing back and forth between fights around the continent solo working with randoms in whatever auto-squad dumped you into. Now there is a reason for people to join an Outfit because there is more on the table than an implant or two and whatever the benefits were for the continent you locked.
    This is no different from any other outfit in any game, heck even groups in real life don't give new members the same benefits and privileges as older/higher ranking members. But hey even if they don't get to drive the Bastion they're still getting all those benefits from teamwork and coordination and all that, right? Wasn't that good enough?
    Except that what you're doing would be like starting a diet by trying to throw up the birthday cake you had a month ago.
    Apologies, most people appreciate being told when they have **** on their face so they can wipe it off.