Dealing with Harassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jul 2, 2013.

1. P4NJ

1:
    Not true, they aren't dead. I regularly get kills with them if I place them in smart locations, and sometimes even when I just put them somewhere randomly. Putting a harasser into critical if it's full health is more than enough to protect your infantry btw, nobody will stick around with his harasser if it's critical, and then pretty much anything can kill it. As for open plains, a lockon in a good spot and bye bye harasser, so that's not a problem. If that isn't an option, tanks, sundys, anything else can take them out; a harasser is at its worst in the open plain without any cover.

2:
    You're talking about 1v2ing a harasser; he has two guys inside, you only have one if you're only using your AP vanguard. And lightnings, sundys, even other harassers can provide the anti harasser cover you need.

4:
    That's exactly the kind of mentality that gets people killed by harassers. "Well, I'm not gonna do much, so I'm just gonna sit there and get farmed"
    Even if you don't do much, a harasser with a bit less health takes a lot less punishment to kill.

Also, everyone who's whining here, get out of the topic please if you don't have any valid arguments.
    • Up x 3
  2. eggy

They take damage from every single source in the game apart from heal grenades, conc nades and the recon dart.

A sky guard can kill a default harraser at range and while moving without reloading. It performs almost as well against a composite harraser.
    3 skyguards against a 3/3 harraser is an easy kill for the skyguards.

An MCG can kill a default harraser at 30m without reloading.
    3 McGs and its a super fast kill(for small arms).

An McG (30m) can set a full composite harraser on fire without reloading.

It takes 1 tank mine to set on fire, 2 kills it outright.

A full clip from a random SmG will do 1/3 HP to default harraser.
    3 people with 3 SmGs will kill it.

Every MBT
    is capable of equiping 2 dedicated AV top guns.
    The halberd does equal dps to the halberd harraser so combined with the the main gun thats a DPS advantage. Even if they have an AV max in the back.

The ES AV top guns all are "slightly" better than the "-H" variant. Again combined with the main gun thats a DPS advantage, and the MBT has higher armour.

The enforcer can kill a harraser without needing to reload.
    It takes 3 halberd shots for default and 5 for full composite.
    Im not sure about the Saron, havent used it for a while.

There is a 180 degree arc on the back of the harraser which "can" trigger a repair. At full speed your likely to use 2/3 of your heat bar, not repairing while you look for the sweet spot (which moves every time you switch seats). The chances of you finding this while under turbo are slim to none.
    1/3 of the time my team retreats we actualy get out and repair around a rock or at an ammo tower as its more reliable.

The only reason this is so effective is that there are lots of max rank engis gunning and driving harrasers fighting against 1 person MBTs with LA drivers.

With its 8s sheild AP/HEAT and Enforcer/Halberd a vanguard is capable of taking an enemy MBT or Harasser from full HP to dead without taking a single point of damage.

With its turbo , a MaG is able to 1 shot a harraser. Just ram it at speed and even a full composite harrser is insta gibbed. You can do this with a sunderer and an MBT. You can also do it with an harraser, if you time your break and get the angles correct you survive.

Hitting an engi turret stops a harraser dead in its tracks.
    If it was turboing it will most likley flip it.

An engi turret deployed just as a harrser drives over it also insta gibbs.

When the harraser boosts away to repair, you have the exact same amount of time and the opportunity to have 2 engineers repair your MBT. You can also use that time to move or find cover. This works great, espcaily if you drop tank mines and engi turrets at the point you were at.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thrustin

I just think its an interesting feature. The repair man can be shot out (happened to me plenty of times) and lore-wise it makes sense as you are just looking out the window and spraying nanites on your own vehicle.

Only problem the Harasser has it is a tad bit too durable to small arms fire and AP rounds. If you'd reduce the composite armor to a level where it dies in 3 shots on max rank, and takes more damage from small arms, you'll have far more harasser drivers driving more carefully and getting taken down by groups of infantry.

Concerning all your other exaggeations, please keep them to a moderate level. It is not fair to get something nerfed on the basis of misinformation, wouldn't you agree?
    • Up x 2
  4. NoblePixel

I find that although, as a light assault, one C4 will not kill a Harrasser. However, I noticed after panicking, once you have done that, and I cannot emphasize it enough...

IT ONLY TAKES A FEW SHOTS TO DESTROY A HARASSER AFTER YOU C4 IT

Thank you for your time. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. deggy

The MBT doesn't have more armor than the Harasser, actually. If you get the resist percentages from all sides and average them the Harasser's average is much higher. It doesn't have a rear weakness.

The Mag can't one-shot a Harasser, the Harasser will run under it, come out the back, and hit it in the *** with an AV gun.

Most people defending the harasser use non-Composite stats for it. Small arms are not a viable way to drive off a composite Harasser, it just doesn't work. As a driver of a Composite-armored Harasser, I can tell you that small-arms don't scratch the paint. A Composite 4 Harasser can take 2 bricks of C4 without dying, it can take 3 AP rounds from a Vanguard and 4 from a Magrider.

That gives it more effective health than a Lightning's front armor. A maxed-Composite Harasser with a reload-certed Halberd can hit-trade with any variety of Lightning, from the front, and win. With 25% health left. That's a problem.
    • Up x 4
  6. Hoki

Most harassers are using AV sniping weapons. Also, Esamir.

Most harassers are using AV sniping weapons. And move faster than even AP can reasonably track. If your tank support has the cheesy secondary AV weapons like vulcan or sauron, then yes tank support is a solid counter.

I get it, you really enjoy driving your new favorite vehicle.

I bet you even think you're unique and clever with your composite armor and vulcan/halberd setup. Nobody else in the game has thought of that.
    Also nobody else is intelligent enough to repair from the back seat while driving. You are a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • Up x 3
  7. Grotpar

Killed a few harassers earlier.

Lancer/Vortex seems to work fine.
    But I think the real problem is that composite armor, it's just too versatile.

Composite armor needs to be split up into flak and kinetic.

Flak reduces explosives damage(affects direct hits) by up to XX%.
    Kinetic reduces HMG damage by up to XX%, and small arms fire by up to 100%.

No more C4 reduction.
    Trying to C4 a harasser is ridiculously difficult, anyway, and should result in a kill(2 bricks).
    • Up x 4
  8. Zorro

Good to know. :)

The main problem is that Harassers are too durable. They can sustain more damage than a Lightning, which does not make since considering it is heavy cavalry (ordinarily, in terms of durability light cavalry<heavy cavalry< light armor, but right now it is light cavalry<light armor< heavy cavalry). There is no way that a Harasser without specialized armor (not just do-all composite armor) should be able to stand up to a tank shell.

The second problem is that Flashes do not compare to them. Flashes are light cavalry while Harassers are heavy cavalry, so Flashes should at least be faster and more maneuverable, capable of chasing down Harassers.

The third problem is that the driver and gunner are invulnerable as long as the vehicle lasts. If they could be hit by gunfire passing through the windows, then there would be more risk. Though armor over the windows would mitigate this, at least small-arms would be more of a threat.
    • Up x 1
  9. P4NJ

If you believe most harassers use AV sniping weapons at massive range moving at max speed, yeah, you're just wrong about that. As for Esamir, there are still spots there where you can put down tank mines and limit their movement, and there are many other counters to harassers on Esamir.

As for your last few sentences, yes, you got me! Your extreme intelligence and ability to form coherent arguments is most impressive and so is your excellent ability to deduce my harasser setup from my opening post, or maybe from my stats which certainly have a nice list of weapons I have on my harasser. As such, I don't think there's anything left for you in this thread, so please leave it =)
    • Up x 2
  10. MFP_TK_02

That makes a load of sense. Maybe he isn't scared of them. Maybe he's chasing them down. Maybe they be repping as fast as he's shooting. Maybe that give them enough time to get around a corner and get away. Maybe you need to think about that.
    • Up x 1
  11. eatcow0

The scariest thing Ive been seeing lately is vulcan harassers. They are the hardest thing to deal with on the field. Best VS counter ive seen is the lancer or dual vortexes.
    • Up x 2
  12. The King

Maybe you need to think before posting.
  13. MFP_TK_02

Maybe you need to stop coming up with horrible one liners and do the same.
  14. The King

There wasn't a reason to respond to my post.
    Everyone can see that it was sarcasm. Think about it.
  15. MFP_TK_02

MMM scapegoat. Gotta love me some scapegoat.
  16. Kanil

So what you're saying is that the concept of repairing on the move isn't fundamentally broken, as nobody complains about the Flash.

Therefore, the problem with the Harasser isn't that you can repair it on the move, but that it has too much HP.

Instead of removing abilities from units, let's try to instead nerf their statistics. It results in more interesting units overall.
    • Up x 3
  17. Hoki

You're not fooling anyone.
    • Up x 1
  18. WaaWaa

Harasser farming with fury gun (and marauder gun on TR): one of the few things left that's good about the game!

Love this!
  19. Mal

IMHO composite armor should have a performance drawback. It's the combination of performance and armor that is most silly about harassers.
    • Up x 4
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

Stopped reading here.
    • Up x 5