Day One PTS Report ~ Construction

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by EWanderer, Apr 28, 2023.

1. EWanderer

So just finished messing a bit with new construction.
    Here some thoughts, bugs and whatnot. Will make more posts whenever I get around doing more testing.
    • Overall the new rotation speed is nice.
    • The headquater is a nice sizeable asset, though no idea how fighting inside will look and feel like.
    • Had a weird bug where a flag right next to a full silo of mine slowly burned down without reason.
    • On Silo Bases the Construction Spire and Router don't flip with the rest of the base, but also don't burn.
    • I like that orbi cost, flail etc. are one big draw per shot.
    • Some descriptions of old buildings are not entirely up to date with the new mechanics.
    • No idea what the final cost of all constructions cert will be like, but if 1k Cert will be the standard, I still won't pick it up with all the new bloat of modules and whatnot.
    • Cortium Drill is a nice touch
    • I like the citadel shield module, now I kinda wish we could get a citadel shield cannon like orbitals but for well CS with the same parameters (slow range growth) and restrictions as if it were an OS when it comes to building OC/CS to close to each other.
    • On my first built command center the air terminal never spawned.
    • The idea of having a base flipping back and forth with new **** being added until the entire built area is filled, is very amusing.
    • I need to test it more, when there isn't a hidden silo every 3 meters, but I feel like there are some Silo Bases have very big exclusion zones and could be a pain to siege with a construction base of their own. Like on one beach silo base saw an enemy base on the edge of the water, while on a high island silo base, I couldn't directly start builing behind the bridge leading to said base and would instead need to halfway circumvent the island for a beach position.
    • There was an insane ammount of cortium around. No idea if that is just part of the test, but I dig it honestly, allows for collaborative fortress town spanning entire islands.
    • Especially on the beach sections leading up to an island building can still be a ***** due to the uneven ground.
    • So far didn't saw the terminal info promised to be shown in the deploy screen.
    • Is yellow yacket and howler finally working? Never felt like being able to deal any damage.
    • putting a bridge in water can often feel finecky. need to test a bit more on gaps above water, but yeah wanted to let you know.
    • Unlocking modules seems bugged. I unlocked everything, left the game and now everything is locked again.
    • Cortium bombs are weird, they don't seem to cost anything but also don't deal any damage. I understand if we want to avoid spamming them and thus the low damage, but I feel like if they could only be pulled from an ant/silo/spire using cortium like all other modules, it should be given some more destructive potential given the long time and thus work required to see it come through.
    • What is the sentinel relay listed as compatible building for skywall module?
    • I like the new building effect with a live progress bar.
    • Oh really now idea why but sometimes I just get repair messages (18xp) despite no repair sunderer or other relevant thing deployed. just happened and one time kept going for several minutes without any reason. at first i thought it had something to do with repair modules, but doesn't seem to be the case. happened around silo bases if ownership flipped I feel like. but honestly no idea.
    • I haven't gotten the chance to play with worm yet, but I feel like it maybe being able to disrupt vehicle gates if it runs for the entire duration with a minimum 30 downtime before it can be reactivated again would be a nice addition.
    • Not entirely sure what the cortium storage module is adding to vehicle and air terminals? is that like a storage for randoms to draw vehicles even if main silo is below 20k? also no indicator on how full said module is.
    • love that i can just sink the tree tower into the ground, wish all structural buildings (walls, bunker, etc) had the option even if you lose module slot access.
    • had a cortium capacity module randomly despawn from a vehicle terminal after some time.
    • command center being a stickler for the ground but pefectly able to have its air pad stuck in a tree is just a tad bit frustrating.
    • omg ants can singlehandedly take out a command center with repair modules installed. what a nightmare
    • saw some underwater cortium excited to for the underwate base building with underwater ant :)
    • was able to build a skyshield into a blue command center. no idea if it was just a visual desync of build status or actually an unfinished building.
    • while during PTS we had a lot of engagement at bases, I feel like they might still be a big hit or miss. defense of a base in a frontline hex or behind enemy lines should be as rewarding for players as the actual base. meaning bonus XP for depositing cortium, helping repairs or killing enemies within the area of the base (not caused by like pain spires) or by using the turrets. honestly if we want to tie it to outfits back, there could be a case for drills that function like mini expeditions, using outfit ressources to upgrade the tier, with a base drill converting cortium to green stuff. they should only be deployed in hexes currently with an active fight, which might not make a whole lot of narrative sense, but would incentivice the construction and upkeep of bases since they will allow an outfit to make a huge contribution to a fight even with a small number of players and get adequately rewarded. the cortium drill shows us that this is possible to some extent.
    Looking forward to the PTS test for Sunday, planning to bring part of my outfit there and see the madness.
    Also shame the WASP didn't make a return. But alas.
    Well thats it for today. I guess. Oh no one thing: New Mirror bay looks interesting. Looking forward to try it along with rest of oshur overhaul.
    • Up x 1