Day one all servers down with no anouncment is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PooperTrooper, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sadim

actually it is on the forums. You don't have to check twitter, even when they use twitter as their first place for announcements. That is because on the main forum page there is a twitter tracker. You can see the last 30 tweets from devs and conversations they have with the playerbase without having to look at another site.

So relax, check the dev tracker.. aka the twitter tracker.
  2. Skaffle

Although I like others have no issue with downtime - the point made is that how hard is it to implement a system message warning you like any other game I have ever played that the server is being taken down. Time and time again it has been proven in any business model that people are more receptive to issues regarding a rpoblem if they are informed. Communication is everything.

It is NOT acceptable to just use twitter or a forum post. Some of us avoid Twitter like the plague anyway as frankly it is full of drivel spewed forth by people who think that every benile thing they do deserves to be shared with the world.

Setting that aside it is companies responsibility to goto the customer not for the customer to have to goto the company to find out what is happening.

So again a server message. How hard can it be?
  3. Veratu SOE

You can also check the SOE Post Tracker at the top of the forums, that has all SOE employee posts. I posted earlier that the servers crashed, it wasn't planned, and operations is restoring them. They are coming up in groups right now.
    • Up x 3
  4. pulse

You guys should make a quick post in the announcement section. People are used to looking there first from the beta.

<3 pulse
  5. Fuse

Twitter posts from SOE are displayed on the right side of the forums. Just because you don't like Twitter is no excuse not to read information clearly posted on the main page of the forums. This is your failing, not SOE's.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phasics

People taking responsibility for themselves and not blaming everyone else , that's dangerously close to logical my friend :D
    • Up x 1
  7. ItchySox

A server linked panel on the 'Character' page would be handy, so as you clicked on the server in the list you'd get an update in the panel. o_O