Day one all servers down with no anouncment is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PooperTrooper, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Gavyne

But imagine you're one of those people that bought something but had it disappear, as they indicated in an ingame announcement an hour ago. I think those folks would love to have these issues fixed.
  2. TheStink

lol regedit. You're messing with him right? Or have you never been to reddit site?
  3. Fuse

It's not even clear this was planned, and no one has posted anything on Twitter so there's no need to fuss about that. Either way it's still better than most MMO launches.

They did make a post saying they were bringing down AU.
  4. Phasics

Imagine if you'd just played the game instead of throwing your wallet at it day 1 ;)
  5. Willy_Wolfy

FTP and day 1... Can't really complain... Bit of a sad booboo tho.. Have been looking forwards to playing this all day.
  6. Sebulous

for launch day MMO, this has been ultra smooth compared to most others and non-MMO launch days too. Small problem with G22 and queue crashing, but thats been it. Server is down at 3am, would you prefered another time? Say 3pm?
  7. PooperTrooper

Again, like I said in the OP and another post just a few up from yours is that the server being down is fine, being totally silent with no announcement is not.
  8. ThereIsNoTry

Luckily everybody lives in the same country nowadays!
    • Up x 1
  9. F U P S

I CONCUR!
  10. Gavyne

11. MangalaS

Thats the truth, and after having spent the past hour or two looking around these official forums, you begin to understand exactly why the devs use other mediums/sites to communicate with players.
    • Up x 2
  12. Gavyne

According to Veratu the servers crashed, which may be why they didn't announce it heh.

==
    I understand completely.

Summary: They crashed :) why? Don't know yet!
    Goal: Get them back up quickly
    My personal goal: Sleep in the next 15 minutes because I've been up almost 30 hours.

Hope that helps! Veratu
    ==
  13. Sebulous

how about you check server, up very soon ;)
  14. PooperTrooper

How about you link me where you got said information, and a reason why it was not posted as an official announcement?
  15. Lazirus64

3am for you maybe, 7pm for us lucky people in AU.
    was looking forward to having a new game tonight, but hey, deep happiness and joy.
    anyone have any ideas when AU may be back up?

and twatter can shove it up the proverbial. (yes i spelled it wrong on purpose)
  16. Doublefrost

If they prefer to use twitter and reddit, I don't see why they can't program something up to integrate status updates from specific accounts using a pre-determined custom hashtag. Isn't twitter monitoring and feeds one of the big features of the service?
  17. PooperTrooper

I'm stealing that! I hate it with a passion, it's an entire site dedicated to people posting what they had for lunch.
  18. Sebulous

double post
  19. Sebulous

outfit has friend working on servers, they were up but locked a few mins ago
  20. wolfva

I'm with the OP; communication is key in any endeavor and SOE has a history of very poor communication. They may think they're alleviating that with twitter and facebook; but they have a freaking forum; USE IT. If THEY don't use it, why the heck should WE use it?

Well, other then forum wars and sniping at other posters that is <G>.