Day one all servers down with no anouncment is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PooperTrooper, Nov 21, 2012.

1. PooperTrooper

It's fine if you need to take them down, no launch is perfect. However use your damm forums to tell people whats going on ahead of time, even if its 15-30 min. No, your personal twitter accounts do not cut it in any way, shape or form.
    • Up x 3
  2. Sparks

Better get used to it most of them prefer to use twitter and reddit for this kind of stuff instead of these forums. Nothing you or anyone else says about it matters, just accept that you're not gonna change it and move on.
  3. Littleman

At least they went down during lower pop times. Yeah, they should have warned us if this was planned. If not, well... they've only got a skeleton crew on site at 1:52 AM in the morning.
    • Up x 1
  4. Phasics

Hah, like they care ;)
  5. raptorfactor

Low pop for you maybe. This is smack in the middle of Australian peak time though.
  6. PooperTrooper

If they are running a skeleton crew on day one regardless of the time I don't know what to say. How hard is it even for a single employee to say 'sorry guys servers went boom, brb in a few hours'?
  7. gushybear

I dont mind they went down, I believe its to do with voice functionality, because the newest server is the only one up and that was the one the voice functionality was working from what a friend tells me.

The problem is that there's no announcement or post about it.
  8. saltin

You can accept or refuse to accept but one thing remains certain,you will see more of this stuff lol
  9. Phasics

Like I keep saying people, it's SOE, it's how they roll, assuming it should be any different is naieve

either accept and enjoy the game

or go insane ;)
  10. Highway_Star

I thought that the devs would remove the 2pm-7am server uptime restrictions after the beta was over. Now they just have them down 24/7 instead :(
  11. Iksniljiksul

I have no idea how to use twitter and I don't see how editing my registry with regedit can do me any good here...
  12. Gavyne

It's quite expected on a launch night for a new game. There are things they want to fix and patch up right away, it's how it is. They had ingame announcements about a couple of things broken with regards to the station cash and trial weapons and such. You know when there's an issue with station cash, they're gonna work double time to get it fixed lol :D

Anyways, yes some sort of announcement would be great. But seeing this was a first on a launch night, I'll give them this pass. If it happens a lot more later on I'll complain with ya.
  13. Prince Damien

It's kinda frustrating when the server all of a sudden goes 'pop' while playing. In-game notifications and a Forum announcement is a cornerstone if you want to run a successfull game.

Although, the game just got released. Horde after horde of zergs flooded the game and it might need some fixing or something.
    Almost all MMO games I've experienced a launch with have had theire problems.
    Why can't people learn that it might take a few days or so before things runs smoothly?
  14. Daejin

Aww... The over-night crews get no love... :(

Oh well. As long as it was a needed downtime and not a "Okay, it's night, let's tinker with ****."
  15. PBRStreetgang

First i could not log into my server and now they all go down. To be considered successful they should be running for days before they go down and even then there should be an announcement before they do.
    The fact that they have all gone down at once inside the first 24Hrs would point to a problem with them, and that would tend to bear out the criticism from the Beta Testers that the game was not ready for release. The amount of bugs in the game at release would also tend to refute any claims of a successful launch
  16. siiix

imagine if your one of those guys spent few $100 the 1st day... i do not think this is acceptable
  17. PooperTrooper

Like I said in the OP, the servers coming down because something is wrong is totally fine. Not saying a single word, pulling the plug and continue to be silent is not. Day one impressions are very important, issues like this which should not happen do a great deal of damage to a games reputation in a lot of peoples eyes.
  18. Lyken

It's not right. They've been spamming messages all day about boosts and other problems. How hard is it to type out a sentence in a command line and hit enter? A little notification would have been nice.
  19. Allthra

First Day MMO stop QQing if it happens the next few days then its a problem but its first day like any other MMO
  20. Phasics

to anyone who is surprised by the server being down

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD :D
    • Up x 1