Day 2 on Ceres: Looking good!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Earthman

I'm certain they exist, and I'd be willing to believe you in spite of me not seeing them myself quite yet.

Thing is, saying "there are cheaters" is likely to get people to question your K/D ratio, your grasp of "logic" (which is opinion wrapped up with solipsistic arrogance for some people here), or even your personal life.

At least you got the K/D ratio thing satisfied, far as I can tell. OR DO YOU?
  2. Earthman

Unless something unexpected/disappointing/awesome happens tomorrow, I think it can be safely assumed at this point that Ceres is a pretty cool place.

Though the stories I heard about Miller make me morbidly curious.
  3. Konfuzfanten

Cant farm, if everyone is MLG, got to have those free certs.

Yep, NC Ceres, are properly the best/most organized NC on any server right now, and has been like that for a while.

Can be a ***** to fight against, because if the biggest/best NC outfits show up you know you will properly lose a 50/50 fight.
  4. Earthman

I've been impressed by NC's competence and cohesion so far. Even in pick-up squads, it's a good experience.

NC on Connery are not so great. A lot spend more time preaching the gospel of Ayn Rand at warpgate or telling people at a biolab seige how much they like cookies, waffles, and/or bacon.
  5. Konfuzfanten

Forgot to say, welcome to Ceres :p
  6. Earthman

I DO feel welcome, so thanks. :D
  7. Zagareth

A "Welcome to Ceres" is always best said with a "bullet between his eyes" :D (especially for NC folks ;) )
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

Aw you play NC. You should play TR so you can see the famous TheInvisibleMan. :D
  9. Reavx

Welcome.
    Ceres nc are a nice bunch.
    Sounds like the hacks were pretty bad where you came from but we have a few too.
    Even some br100s who do it In a more toned down manner but they still do it.

As enemy's vs seem to be harder target and more organised these days!
    See ya around! ;)
  10. Negator

Here you go Earthman, i brought this here since youd much rather make implications and inane comments about fedoras and what not then face adult argument, and even went so far as send me private messages about it lol:

Inferences are not prejudices, and what is wrong with you presenting a counter argument instead of simply dismissing my 'inferences'?

Could you do that please?

Here, I'll lay out everything for you to respond to in a nice, neat fashion:

1. Ceres is an underpopped server, and with underpopulation comes passiveness (which you confirmed elsewhere). With passiveness comes average skill, with underpopulation comes lack of organization, and with lack of organization comes lack of skill (IE: AMSs stay alive much longer because its just a couple headless zergs going at it rather then two focused groups of players). *SKILL* being used in an extremely broad sense here. Lack of all that stuff means easier fights. Fewer random ESFs/snipers/tankers to pick you off which leads to you being alive more, which leads to a better experience. Fewer fights that involve an organized opposition that can shut down fights quickly. Fewer big, competitive outfits that attract other competitive outfits and players. Next to no PR from SOE/MLG/Community clash to attract glory hogs (IE: competitive players).

2. CLIENT SIDE HIT DETECTION. Your slower connection to Ceres is to your benefit, whether you realize it or not. This is fact.

3. Deafness, once again, means players get the drop on you far more often then you get the drop on them. Its absolute fact that if you cant hear them, but they can hear you, you'll get killed more often then a non deaf player will. Players hear you, home in on you, kill you. All you see is getting killed from an odd angle. This could lead to perception of ESP. Maybe so, maybe not, but its there.

4. And about ESP: fewer players means fewer recon darts, people to spot, radar to spot you, which means less perception that you are being ESPed (its a common complaint i hear about 'so and so is using ESP' when in reality, the guy just looked at his radar. Again, since youre just going on gut feelings about ESP use on Connery, im just providing reality to counter point it. radar/darts/spotters mimic ESP usage.

5. Your 18% accuracy and 10%ish head shot ratios will get you killed against players sporting better numbers. No, this isnt a 2+2=4 cold hard fact, but its pretty damn reasonable that you can simply dismiss. Those numbers mean they kill you quicker then you kill them, which means you have less fun. You play on a server with some competitive outfits with competitive people, and im willing to bet you run into those better players fairly often. As ive said before, Ive got solid numbers but still get frustrated from time to time and look up whoever killed me. You either need to get better or accept where you are at without getting frustrated and call up the hackusation hot line.

6. Actual hacks. You claim a few isolated incidents, and then a handful of situations that could very well be server hiccups or lag. No facts whatsoever. Then go on to say the 8 hours you played on ceres were entirely hack free. How do you know? Can you document for us every hack youve encountered the past month? You cant. Its all feelings. Im not saying they dont exist, im just saying they dont exist often enough to warrant switching servers, and that magically other servers have zero hackers. In the past month i can think of exactly one hacker i encountered on Mattherson, and even that wasnt a big deal.

7. Being in an outfit, at least an organized one, is like natural hack defense. Even hack perception defense. You have people that cover you, feed information to you, and support you. Running solo means youre simply more vulnerable more often and can lead to negative play experiences. Find one willing to work with you and your play experience will get better, regardless of real/fake hackers.

Now rather then saying 'these are your opinions', explain how each of my opinions is misinformed with some sort of backup.

Oh and, is me saying a 350z is faster then a smart car 'objective opinion'?
  11. HMR85

Excellent post and 100% true.