Darklight sometimes doesn't show cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fishbread, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Fishbread

Earlier today I was shining a darklight around the top of the tower at the crown in broad daylight and literally ran into a cloaked enemy infiltrator. He remained cloaked for a few more seconds while I shot at him, during which my flashlight continued to shine around the whole area where he was, and nothing showed up except for the usual bullet hit effects. I took the nvidia instant replay video to confirm that it wasn't just poor memory. Flashlight definitely shining on the player, and absolutely no outline. Is that the deep operative implant or something? Because this has happened before, I can't find anything anywhere that talks about darklight-immune cloak.
    • Up x 2
  2. Fishbread

As you can see, there is no outline of the infiltrator, which means either it's a bug or a game mechanic not explained in the game[IMG][IMG]
  3. Fishbread

I guess the "insert/edit image" button is just for decoration. I can't seem to make an imgur link here either. How do I post screenshots?

Ok, I guess it added the url after I post the message... let's see if it will post the second image too...

https://imgur.com/lt6R5BI
    https://imgur.com/j1rj0EL
  4. BlackFox

Known bug that nobody seems to consider necessary to fix - Infiltrators, being Wrel's pet class, rarely get touched if it doesn't benefit them
    • Up x 3
  5. LordAnnihilator

I thought LA's were his pet class. Though given Cortium Bombs, Nano-Armour Cloak, Cloak Flashes, Clientside shenanigans... I can see why you think that.

The Flashlight bug is one that has been around for a long *** time, and still hasn't been fixed. Go see Demigans post at the top of this part of the forums about Darklight ideas for more info.
    • Up x 1
  6. BlackFox

Not to mention the removal of every counter besides Flashlights (which don't work)

And I stopped to read that post, too much lenghty talk about stray ideas... sort of
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

Posted about this bug ages ago here. At this point it feels like an intended feature on their part rather than a bug. It's been in for that long.
  8. FLHuk

Please forgive the necro but
    • I've posted vids on this recently, around Nov 2021 and it's gone so can't necro that one.
    • I can find no mention of it in the class thread.
    • Google is getting me zero help.
    • I've posted in the newest bug thread on it but lol hopes there.
    I want to ask infiltrators.

Is there an implant that can do this? ( Best watched at max res & slowed a bit )

Or is it simply the distance bug such as >

• Up x 2
  9. Demigan

Its not a bug, its a feature! Now stop rocking the infiltrator boat of awesome please!
  10. vonRichtschuetz

"Two for flinching" I yell, as I kill the cloaked Infiltrator. Sometimes I wish proximity chat was cross faction.