Darklight Flashlights Dont Work <2m

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by strove, Apr 15, 2020.

1. strove

Pretty much in the title, if the cloaker is real close, they dont show up even if youre shining a light right through them
    • Up x 12
  2. Asic

It's awful bug, and it's been a year now... I have no faith in DBG anymore
    • Up x 1
  3. strove

Well, as best as anyone can tell, they dont read their own damn forums so...
  4. CHINI

Somehow it became so normal that I almost forgot that it exists...
    How to reproduce:
    1. be in front of infil
    2. draw your sidearm which has flash light equipped while looking at cloaked infil
    3. infil is still not visible

The thing with the cloaker not visible <2m is that the light start's to shine somewhere outside of the flash light. Sorry misread it is a similar but different. I do not know wether that with <2m is really a bug or rather how the cloaker is detected, but it is really buggy feeling. The thing I described above is a real bug which behaves similar, as the cloaker then only appears when moving away and changing weapons. (or it's exactly the same, I'm not sure)
    • Up x 2
  5. JustGotSuspended

Didn't know the distance requirement but that makes sense now. A couple times at first I would shine my darklight where I knew I saw an infil and wouldn't see one. I'd think "dam I must be trippin", walk away and the infil would uncloak and try to shoot/stab me.

Thankfully after I auraxed my deringer I would just run lasers on my secondary anyways so I wouldn't doubt myself, I'd just shoot where I thought I saw one.

Good to know the <2m thing though, so I can let others know.
  6. Talthos

This bug has been known for a while; if you're closer than roughly 5-10 meters of a cloaked infiltrator, the highlight effect fails.

Incidentally, the DX11 update several years ago broke the Darklight for a while, and when they 'fixed' it later, the 'origin point' for the light effect itself seems to have gotten shifted several meters forward (rather than originating from the weapon model itself).

The current workaround: Maintain at least 5-10 meters of spacing between yourself, and the areas you're shining the light upon.
    • Up x 2
  7. Redfeather1975

They need to just remove the class from the game if they aren't going to fix or balance anything having to do with it. I've seen devs "pad their own playstyles" in the games they work on, but this is obnoxious.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scurge

Morons on steam say its working but its "your computer" or "your setting are to low".
    • Up x 1
  9. BlackFox

I think by now it's a feature and not a bug anymore - we shouldn't assume that they won't fix bugs....