Darklight Flashlight doesn't work <3m away

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

This bug has been in the game for quite a while now. I was holding off posting this, given that I'd hoped the latest round of bug fixes would have this on its list... but I guess not.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The amount of times I've searched for an Infiltrator with my flashlight, only to be slashed in the face by one because the light doesn't work is ridiculous.

I get maybe this isn't considered some super important issue, but it is when you've certed into something and a good 2 metres of its working length is cut off.

In the first image you can clearly see the Infitlrator light up at 4 metres.

In the 2nd image, the Infiltrator doesn't light up at all at 2 metres.

At 3 metres, it 'maybe' works depending on the angle you and the Infiltrator are at.
    • Up x 2
  2. xxIMadHwKIxx

confirming the described Issue and repro steps.

On a sidenote, i was almost accused for hacking until i was able to showcase the above described behavior to a confused flashlight user during live play.

MfG
    • Up x 2
  3. maximum

"At 3 meters, it 'maybe' works depending on the angle you and the Infiltrator are at."

I've seen this issue firsthand but didn't have the resolve to test or report. thanks @zdarkshadowsz for reporting!
  4. DataGhost

It's been in the game for at least half a year and probably longer. I've seen several reports on it in the forums and reddit over that period as well so I've started to believe that they don't care about it or don't think it's a bug. I'm not sure if I've reported it in-game, maybe they're looking there? Some bugs I reported through there recently have been fixed so who knows.
    In any case, this bug might be a good thing for me. Because it's so bugged, I've trained myself to be even better at localising cloak and movement sounds, and to be able to see the cloak shimmer (sometimes even on deep operatives) so I've become less and less dependent on it. That could actually free up a slot on my secondaries :) At the same time, I've learned to avoid darklight detection while playing as an infil as well :p