Dark nights = inferior graphics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Konfuzfanten

Before the OMFG patch i ran on ultra with zero brightness. Yes it was dark, but still playble without straining my eyes.

Now?

I can either choose to destory my eyes trying to look for enemy infantry or make my game look like crap by pumping up brightness to 0.50.

At 0.50 brightness its virtually the same brightness as before the OMFG patch, so the difference? Before OMFG the game looked great during the day and night, now it looks great at day and ****** at night.

Just revert it.
  2. IamDH

Dark nights were implemented?
  3. daniel696

The default brightness is 0.5, so if you want increase your brightness to 0.50 and make the graphics look horrible this is your problem.
    You must play it in 0.5
  4. daniel696

Only in Indar in the moon "sunset", when the moon is not visible in the sky will be a lot darker. But great ****, this only takes 1 min.
  5. Ryme

Seems a bit darker to me. But since it can be negated via the brightness setting, it's likely a side effect of the optimization changes, and not a result of targeted effort.
  6. MFP_TK_01

yes. At least from what I saw. My night game was way dark compared to the normal dusky look that made me squint slightly. I used to run with headlights off but that may change now.
  7. Camycamera

they made nights on indar a tad bit darker, but i think they are going to make it darker still when they implement tools that compensate for beta-night darkness.
  8. EmmettLBrown

I set mine to .25. For some reason .5 seemed like a brightness boost on my end.
  9. bobek388

You know there's sonething such as a NV scope in this game? This game is not all about you, most people like darker nights, others also have trouble with seeing you at night, if you can't cope with it then buy a nv scope...
  10. Zombekas

Yay, additional eye strain FOR FREE! How awesome is that?!

No but really, please add an option in the settings to get the brighter nights back. My eyes will hurt.
  11. Fredfred

My calibrated 24in. 8-bit s-IPS and my eyes says the nights are fine. Barely can tell the difference actually.
  12. Sordid

No they won't, because they'll pump their brightness up.