Daily cap on implant drops or a bug?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TerryTenMen, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goretzu

Which is best achieved with a successful fun game, not by slowly adding P2W - the current course of "mirco-subscriptions" will lead to less people playing PS2 and less money being made in the long-term.

An MMO with a vast developement time (and cost) has to be run like a fishery; sustainably for years and years.

It is no use taking short-cuts for quick gains if that then decimates your earning potential 1, 2, 5 or 10 years down the road (look at SWTOR or WAR).

A quick buck never beats a sustainable income.
    • Up x 3
  2. LibertyRevolution

HOW LONG IS THIS CAP???
    I logged out last night at 8:30pm, I logged in this morning at 6:30am.
    I have earned 24,000XP, 40+ kills, not a single item drop.

Does it not reset at midnight PST??? GIVE US THE SPECIFICS!!!

So I spent another 1.5hours this morning with no energy... and logged out in disgust.
    Higby said even f2p players would have enough energy through drops to sustain tier 3 implants..
    I am a full member and I have 0 energy for my tier 2 implant.

Do I need to post his tweet for you guys to keep your word???
    I am really angry right now.. like really friggin angry..
    • Up x 4
  3. Torok

They all sleepin in San Diego so take it easy, we won't get any answer before let's say... 6-8 hours?
    Remove any implant from your loadouts and wait, that's atleast what I'm doing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Govedo13

If this is the goal you are far away from it. You might want to reduce the energy requirements or to increase the charger capacity because it is mathematically impossible with the average non-member SPM for PS2 of 130-160 to use implants for more 2-3hours per 24 playing hours.
    • Up x 1
  5. Acceleratio

this pretty much
  6. Xebov

In addition to that we need a keybinding to enable/disable Implants in the field so we dont need to run our ***** off all the time to unequip them on Terminals that are not available frequently. We currently run low on Energy and have no tools to manage it.
  7. Sanguycarpe

If dev are still looking this thread, I've played 2h25 today and I haven't dropped anything.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gribbstar

Same. I capped my implants yesterday and not a single one dropped today.

Already blasted a couple of thousand certs on checking the system out... remove the cap please.
  9. FoeYongHai

Ps. All Access forum badge is broken too.
    • Up x 1
  10. Plunutsud pls

• Up x 2
  11. Mastachief

Have to say that the cap seems really low.
    • Up x 2
  12. current1y

The cap is very low indeed.

If the cap is for people who exploit experience points then the logical thing to do would be also cross check time played.
    • Up x 1
  13. Anti-Skub

Going to start by saying that the tone of my post is not going to be particularly nice and I'm sure some mod will delete it as "unconstructive", but I've spent weeks making polite posts explaining my and many others issues with the implant system, only to have them ignored and for you to go ahead and make all the mistakes we warned you that you were making. I am trying my hardest to be constructive but you'll need to forgive my frustration.

First off. if you have to punish legitimate players in order to keep exploiters in check you're doing something wrong. That aside, considering the amount of flak you received for the perception that implants are pay to win and your assertion that all players, whether hardcore addicts or uninterested casuals should be able to keep their implants charged without spending a dime...why the hell are chargers available for SC?

If you're goal is to design a system where no one has to buy chargers, why are you selling chargers? You could appease all of the malcontents simply by removing that item from the store, an item which you claim to not want to have to sell anyway.

And why is crafting still random...it's such a crappy feeling system. As people have said countless times, new players are going to take one look at the random crafting, with cash purchasable boxes of random, and cash purchasable limited duration power ups and immediately uninstall. It's the kind of system that every F2P gamer avoids like the plague. It's one of the first things new players are going to see and it looks SO much like the kind of crap cheapo free to play games have that are designed to keep you on a cash paying treadmill.

I'm sure you're thinking "but it's not like that", and lots of players who understand the system might even agree with you, but new players, the ones you're trying to convince to spend money on your game don't use the forums, they won't see these discussions, they won't bother learning what the implants actually are. They'll see the random loot boxes that they've seen in other low quality F2P games and naturally assume PS2 is another one of those.

Incidentally, this is what my implant screen currently looks like and I haven't had a single item drop in around 40 kills, so I really hope something is broken because there's no way I'm spending money on this awful system everyone asked you not to put in.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Anti-Skub

Going to start by saying that the tone of my post is not going to be particularly nice and I'm sure some mod will delete it as "unconstructive", but I've spent weeks making polite posts explaining my and many others issues with the implant system, only to have them ignored and for you to go ahead and make all the mistakes we warned you that you were making. I am trying my hardest to be constructive but you'll need to forgive my frustration.

First off. if you have to punish legitimate players in order to keep exploiters in check you're doing something wrong. That aside, considering the amount of flak you received for the perception that implants are pay to win and your assertion that all players, whether hardcore addicts or uninterested casuals should be able to keep their implants charged without spending a dime...why the hell are chargers available for SC?

If you're goal is to design a system where no one has to buy chargers, why are you selling chargers? You could appease all of the malcontents simply by removing that item from the store, an item which you claim to not want to have to sell anyway.

And why is crafting still random...it's such a crappy feeling system. As people have said countless times, new players are going to take one look at the random crafting, with cash purchasable boxes of random, and cash purchasable limited duration power ups and immediately uninstall. It's the kind of system that every F2P gamer avoids like the plague. It's one of the first things new players are going to see and it looks SO much like the kind of crap cheapo free to play games have that are designed to keep you on a cash paying treadmill.

I'm sure you're thinking "but it's not like that", and lots of players who understand the system might even agree with you, but new players, the ones you're trying to convince to spend money on your game don't use the forums, they won't see these discussions, they won't bother learning what the implants actually are. They'll see the random loot boxes that they've seen in other low quality F2P games and naturally assume PS2 is another one of those.

Incidentally, this is what my implant screen currently looks like and I haven't had a single item drop in around 40 kills, so I really hope something is broken because there's no way I'm spending money on this awful system everyone asked you not to put in.

[IMG]
  15. Gammit

I don't understand the no-cap requests. Implants are a bit of a game-changer, so to me it makes sense that you would cap the accumulation per day for the moment.

That being said, I don't think there should be a cap on chargers, as by themselves these don't do anything.
  16. Eyeklops

Agreed, but please don't feed the egos. :D
    • Up x 1
  17. SharpeShooter

experience exploiters lol?

My cat wouldn't even believe that lol.
    • Up x 2
  18. Plunutsud pls

I haven't had time to play since the update, but reading all this really makes me want to ignore these implants completely.

I'm a cautious sniper so my spm is usually below 100, there's no way I will be able to keep implants running without SC.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nepau

How are the caps dictated? I can see you have it set as you getting so many drops, but then how are the drops dictated?

If they are by a set xp amount, or XP range, perhaps having a sliding scale, where for X time you can get implants faster, but then it slows down.

Personaly how I think I would do it would be a Chance based on XP and Time over 24 hours. Basicly you would have 2 ranges that would dictate drops. If someone is good at getting XP fast then they will go up in the scale faster, thus hit this Reduction/cap faster then a more casual player.

Here is a semi example of how I would see it, note this is just some randome values to indicate my idea, nothing solid:

Drop # XP Range for drop Time range for drop Implant drop chance Charger drop chance
    1 250-2000 5-10 minutes 70% 30%
    2 4000-10,000 15-30 minutes 65% 35%
    3 12,000- 20,000 35- 60 minutes 55% 45%
    4 25,000 - 50,000 65- 80 minutes 45% 55%
    x xxxxxx - xxxxx xx- xx 01% 99%

As you can see the idea is that the XP range to get a Drop increases at a faster rate then the Time. Once someone is within ether range then on the next score they get they have say 1% chance reaching 100% chance by the end of the range, While what they get as a drop is dependent on how far down the chain they are.

First few drops they would have a higher chance of getting implants, and as they reach the bottem of the scale they have almost no chance of getting an implant. The bottem values could be set to the best guess of how much xp per hour you think would be viable for somone to get and keep their implants going. The reset time of the scale could bet set to the same time as Ribbons.

Anyways kind of my thought on how the Implant drop rates should work in my opinion. I don't really know how try to keep track of this would affect preformance on the back end, but I think it could be done in a way to be fair for both the people who can get a large score in a short period of time, while still letting people who may not got for high XP over time the ability to still use the system without feeling they are forced to spend their certs or Real cash for not performing as well as the player beside them.

*edit* well damn I guess it won't keep the fomatting I was trying for, sorry if it isnt as readable as I would have liked.
  20. LibertyRevolution

For a F2P player to be able to power his implant from drops alone, as stated would be by Smedly's twitter post...
    Link:http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/240luz/smedly_on_implant_drops/ch2qiq1

I will be generous here and say 200SPM is average for a F2P player. That is 48 certs per hour.

Chargers have 600 energy, tier 3 drains 1 per second. So a charger last 10mins.
    So you need 6 chargers an hour to keep a tier 3 implant going.

You would need to drop players a charger every 8 certs, so every 2000XP you should get a 600 energy charger.

There should be a set in stone number, just like certs are, and there should be no cap, just like there is no cap on cert gain.
    Players should be able to power their implants purely from drops, as stated by smedly.
    I am unwilling to accept anything less. I am not going to let you go back on this one.

If you go back on this, the game is P2W, as players who pay will have an advantage.
    Having no implant energy is not a sidegrade, that is being at a disadvantage to someone that is paying for energy.
    And no selling them for 750certs does not negate this, as the grind for the certs to buy the charger is longer than the charger lasts.

For the charger for certs to actually negate the pay to win aspect it would have to be priced at 180 certs just to break even at 200SPM.
    So that means after your 3.7hour play session, you have made 0 certs, all you did was feed your implants.
    Charger should cost no more than 80 certs, so you still end up 100 certs after 3.7 hours of playtime at 200SPM.

/rant #2
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.