Dahaka is a step in the right direction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tar, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Tar

Wanted to say something positive for a change.

This is solely about Dahaka, the newest Prod server Amplification Station design. Freyr and Zurvan are a sad mistake, but that's another discussion for another thread, and all has been said for that already.

Positive points about Dahaka:
    - The impact of vehicles inside the walls is very limited, both ground and air ones. But it's not completely zeroed and it did not require a silly magic dome or an array of vehicle nerfs. Who knew? (I did, yes.)
    - The very interior of both the Capture point and the main generator are very well defensible, with very good access from the spawn, and there the vehicles have virtually zero access. I especially applaud the completely shut windows of the generator building.
    - At the same time there are still interesting options for attackers' AMS placement.
    - The base doesn't suffer from overabundance of objectives (like Freyr), but there's still more than 1 front of possible combat
    - The design is not sucking up to LA, but it still has its uses. In Freyr the LA is virtually the only usable class.
    - Overall, the defenders have an advantage, which is how it should be. How big of an advantage remains to be judged and may need adjustment. But the idea is there.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Seems like they changed color too. Last time I was there. :D
    [IMG]
  3. Jeslis

Check out my POV/Thoughts on some of Dahaka as well here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/feedback-dahaka-live-servers.170214/

Not sure I agree with you about impact of vehicles.. but then again, they did get the vehicle shield gen down and got inside... No different then any other amp station ((other then the new freyr/Zurvan layout which I hate.