[Suggestion] D11 Detonator buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shadowpikachu, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Shadowpikachu

Make the delay on throwing shorter, it cant be used as a general use, still weaker due to 3 shots and no AoE.

Hummingbird is INSANE and better in all ways but AoE to default, but detonator stays a niche that has both a big throw delay and a big travel time while being extremely extremely weak close range.

It still will be, but it'll be usable and worth running constantly.
    • Up x 1
  2. DeitaChan

Give the detonator a visual display showing the view angle and approximate distance it will fly assuming there is no obstructions and the ground is perfectly level. It'd just be a ballistics calculation. Even just the view elevation like in esf's is perfect.

For me at least I think something that would be really useful is what is essentially a practice round fire mode. It fires a dart with triple the gravity and velocity , putting a marker on your map that informs you where it landed. Like a tiny recon dart only you can see. The point is so you can make sure you are on target before notifying the target by firing on it.
  3. Shadowpikachu

Yeah it'd be useful but mainly im saying:

Running hummingbird you give up slight aoe and get EXTREMELY longer range and an extra shot per clip, in most situations a straight upgrade.

Default works greatly in every situation and will barely outperform hummingbird for crowds due to that 1 weaker spot.

Detonator is used as intended and leaves you almost helpless for like 30m with 3 shots...while you do get a great tool for long range you give up about everything which makes it niche only, you cant just run it normally and eat the downsides you'll be throwing your max away.

If the detonator swung faster you could use it's non-explosive ability to quickly kill with melee giving you a fighting chance while still being INSANELY inferior to the other options, it's neat and very strong but it's underperforming compared to about anything that can do it's job AND it cripples your ability to fight anything.

Basically an earlier throw in the animation would shorten the expected time mortars hit their target and make your max not worthless and inferior within 50m.

I really want to use this thing but it just seems more overlooked, i dont even care if it's weaker i just want it to have some sort of help existing as an option you'd run and accept the huge downsides since faster throws would help you gauge an angle way faster by several seconds every time.

There is also the idea of letting it be unique and making m1 throw from left always and m2 throw from right always since it cant be abused the same ways of other ones in close range, but that's secondary.
    • Up x 1
  4. VV4LL3

Detonator is incredibly weak. Takes 3-4 shots to kill infantry, with 3-7 second fire lead times. It's mostly used to destroy parked Sunderers, that's about it. Some people "can" hit moving objects, but those are few and far between. Never need consistent anti moving vehicle or personnel gameplay. The distance, flight time, and trajectory, etc... all make this weapon incredibly niche and highly situational. Heaven forbid an infantry get within a few meters of you. It's the only weapon that has almost 0 min damage range.
  5. Ps2 player

D-11 Detonator is fine. learn to aim with it. you have to use it constantly to actually learn it, same applies with the thumper and any other grenade launcher.

the D-11 Detonator will make armor columns pee their pants.

it takes over 6 engis to heal a sunderer that is being attacked by a
    D-11 Detonator.

All the Hesh mains and tanks that camp while a bases is being taken are easy pickings for D-11 Detonator.

i am very good with D-11 Detonator, Protip: always climb up stuff for a better Advantage

Trees

hills

rocks

mountains

i should film it so people actually believe me. before my acc got yeeted i had over 2k kills with it.

i once got over 100 kills within a 3 minute time frame using D-11 detonator on oshur, whatever the lattice is under the middle one, VS were outside the tunnel and i was ontop of a rock 100m away lobbing bombs at them, i would let medics revive the dead only to meet more bombs.

Any tower air pad lattice is also peak D-11 detonator.

Use your map pin pointer as a reference once you spotted a parked sundy or camping tank, place your crosshair on it and just lift up and down until u find the sweet spot and then spam away.

like i said, once you do it for awhile you will automatically know the distance u need to hit your target, it only takes me about 2 tries now and i can hit whatever i want.
  6. VV4LL3

Whelp, there you have it.... another "learn to play" elitist. There you have it folks -- that's all this weapon needed, someone to remind us to learn to play with it. hahaha case closed.

First off: 6 engineers can repair anything. It takes one engineer with repair bot and a grenade out our repair the detonator.

Second: Just like any of the other elitists that argue from authority -- you need to prove it. Literally ANYONE can say "I killed 491329-0483129-084193204893289- with this weapon, L2P." The difference is -- can you take 5 seconds to record it and post? If not -- zip it! You're just another person ignoring the incredible performance statements.

Also, you killing 100 people in 3 minutes is also unbelievable with this weapon since it takes 2 direct hits (extremely difficult -- even at choke points) 3-5 depending if they have flak armor etc... which is most likely. They also need to stand still. So... pretty sure your entire post is completely FOS.

All your absolutely useless comments ignored what the OP was saying as well: Which is -- this weapon doesnt even compare to other MAX weapons... and asking for a fix to remove the negate effects, and usage.
  7. Liewec123

he has a point though, Detonator is RIDICULOUSLY STRONG if you can use it well.
    i don't consider myself to exactly be the peak of gaming,
    but i have put the time in to learning how to aim with it and lead targets, and it is extremely powerful.

the only thing i would agree with is that it absolutely needs some major help with its close range anti-infantry potential.
    its ridiculous that even direct hits will be weak.
    imho it should atleast get splash at all ranges and equivalent to the default grenades
    (you can only throw 3 of them after all.)
    you shouldn't expect to need to land more than 2 direct hits at any range to kill infantry.
    requiring 4 direct hits to kill infantry is ridiculous.

signed, a Detonator fan.
    [IMG]
  8. VV4LL3

Then by that logic, EVERY weapon is ridiculously strong if you use it well.

BTW. Your animated giff is a standing still, already smoking tank...
  9. Shadowpikachu

Yeah it's really strong, but im asking for buffs where it isn't strong and the buffs im asking for still make it vastly inferior, i just want it to meet a minimum standard so you can run it normally and to help greatly. (especially with the throw melee instant kill combo, which is what my buff would make slightly better)

I already do everything this one man says and guess what, hummingbird is still just better for mortaring with 7 shots in it seemingly by accident and nearly no drop and instantly removing any tank in like a 500m radius either by them leaving or them actually just dying.

I just want close range to be painful and very limited but not 'this isnt even worth it' tier and a lot of my actual 150m mortars can be successful but again, the earlier throw would help immensely in feeling out because it takes 1 infil to make me move and lose my perfect angle.

And yeah that gif isnt impressive, at that range you could just use the default printer and have way less punishment for missing to clean it up, or you know the hummingbird that trades some aoe for an extra shot and extremely strong longest range lockon in the game. (that also locks on faster then anything else too, by default half but doesn't effect the added seconds to stealth vehicle slot)

It's really strong, but you cant justify using it other then basic fun because of the slowness killing you in close range and feeling out ranges, especially that throwing from safe areas to be revived now doesn't exist and one engineer or god forbid 2 can suddenly turn your lights off permanently, or just literally any passing A2Ger killing you like you are infantry due to your lower resists.

It's that easy to be counter killed in the event you actually do just slap an infantry not using flak armor directly at 100+m or perfectly hit a bases corner and shell out someone or whathaveyou.
  10. Ps2 player

if you havent realized it yet, NSO weapons are very specific for every engagement. the devs arent going to rework it so it can kill infantry and tanks at the same time. you want to kill infantry? use the grenade printer. want an all rounder? use the hummingbird. want to demolish vehicles? use the d-11 detonator.

this same concept is literally the same with the chimera, and javelin. ive already auraxed the javelin TWICE, i think i know what im talking about, no no, i KNOW what im talking about.
  11. VV4LL3

The point is.. .the weapon does not perform on par with other MAX weapons. That's all.

Take your pick:
    1. (Ballistic Pathing) Lack of direct line of fire, which makes usage situational. Also, Hummingbird pathing is absurd, and still slower than an ANT or Lightning driving away from it. Why? Does minimal damage... a heavy with swarm outperforms this weapon....(Range, Speed, Damage, Effectiveness...)
    2. (Massive Fire Delay & Slow Projectile) Lack of immediate fire and extremely slow projectile speed, which makes usage highly imprecise for what it is meant for...
    3. (Damage Type) The damage type is easily defeated by common armor, making perform much less in DPS compared to other similar MAX weapons.
    4. (Distance) Projectiles do not compete with other like-class of MAX weapons.

Bonus Performance:
    5. NSO MAX runs 80% compared to other MAXes -- uhhh why?
    6. Seraph Shield - Meant to reduce damage, just makes it easier to hit, so it takes MORE damage. Also, only reduces damage for first 2 seconds, yet you eat it in the face from C4 still... now that you're an even LARGER hit box. Shield HP is actually body HP?? Why???
    7. Self Destruct has 2m15s Cool Down and does 75%/ 1500 self damage with LESS than that to personnel & other MAXes. Just does a knock back. Nothing remotely comparable to other MAX ability performance. VS & TR have overcharge, don't die as a result, why cant this ability just be disabled and Cool Down reset? We're talking BASIC game design & balance mechanics aren't being adhered to.
  12. VV4LL3

As you proceed to be an elitist and offer nothing of actual intellectual value to the conversation.

So you're comparing the NSO MAX difficulty curve to that of one of the most strictest, most difficult, and academically rigorous career fields in the world -- yet there's no issue with the system? Hmmm.. You literally just made my point regarding 1. the poor design of the system. 2. your elitism.

Elitist statement. But yes. Do it. Please. Make it on Connery, Opposite Faction. Complete Recording, No Edits. 1:1 only.
    Anyone can cherry pick their favorite moments and say "look, I'm awesome, it can be done..." as you log several thousand hours of game time.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Elitist and Toxic statement.
  13. VV4LL3

The point is.. .the weapon does not perform on par with other MAX weapons. That's all.

Take your pick:
    1. (Ballistic Pathing) Lack of direct line of fire, which makes usage situational. Also, Hummingbird pathing is absurd, and still slower than an ANT or Lightning driving away from it. Why? Does minimal damage... a heavy with swarm outperforms this weapon....(Range, Speed, Damage, Effectiveness...)
    2. (Massive Fire Delay & Slow Projectile) Lack of immediate fire and extremely slow projectile speed, which makes usage highly imprecise for what it is meant for...
    3. (Damage Type) The damage type is easily defeated by common armor, making perform much less in DPS compared to other similar MAX weapons.
    4. (Distance) Projectiles do not compete with other like-class of MAX weapons.

Bonus Performance:
    5. NSO MAX runs 80% compared to other MAXes -- uhhh why?
    6. Seraph Shield - Meant to reduce damage, just makes it easier to hit, so it takes MORE damage. Also, only reduces damage for first 2 seconds, yet you eat it in the face from C4 still... now that you're an even LARGER hit box. Shield HP is actually body HP?? Why???
    7. Self Destruct has 2m15s Cool Down and does 75%/ 1500 self damage with LESS than that to personnel & other MAXes. Just does a knock back. Nothing remotely comparable to other MAX ability performance. VS & TR have overcharge, don't die as a result, why cant this ability just be disabled and Cool Down reset? We're talking BASIC game design & balance mechanics aren't being adhered to.
  14. Shadowpikachu

A lot of the NSO being weaker or slower then other maxes is by design and fine because having such strong inherent AoE is insane at these player numbers and i've gone on killstreaks easily, this is not a max discussion but making the Detonator be worth using as a main weapon without removing your legs, i dont care if it breaks your legs it'll still be workable.

It does good vehicle damage it's just too slow for it's damage there so initial hits being faster would benefit it there too, simple change, no need to inject everyones personal max changes on something that is moderately balanced and actually imo a good example of a max unit, a niche unit that gets better when placed properly and has it's uses rather then near garbage or being NC max.
  15. Shadowpikachu

Double posting to be as CLEAR AS POSSIBLE.

- Projectile of the D11 Detonator spawns 155ms > 80ms on the swing
    -- This does not change the total fire rate
    -- Raw recording as a measure, changes the time of projectile to be when the hand is fully outwards rather then when almost fully completed in the swing
    -- It wouldn't be broken to go less then 80ms either

With this you can get REALLY dangerous at point blank but other then that you are not only missing a lot of damage within like 40 meters but 4-5 shots as well, with this simple change i'd run it 24/7.

Sorry for not being clear because that's what i assumed gave room for you people to add your own opinions and big things to this small thread...

Where the swing should throw the Detonator AT THE LEAST:
    [IMG]

Where it currently throws:
    [IMG]