Customize the UI for multi monitor setups

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Falesh, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Falesh

Having 3 monitors I was very pleased with the patch as it made the game playable using all 3. However after a time I went back to using only one because of the difficulty in watching the minimap. Fortunately I have found a solution that is completely safe to use as seen here.

Basically you use a program called OnTopReplica which replicates a part of the screen that you select and then displays that bit as a pinned window on top of all other windows. This means that you have to play the game in Full Screen Windowed mode, or just windowed, which loses a few fps but you can't have everything.
    • Up x 1
  2. Exosus

THANK YOU! This is extremely helpful... I too have been playing on one monitor because of the minimap. Until we're able to rearrange UI elements, this will do nicely!
  3. Gaius Varinius

How do you know it's "safe to use"? Has anyone confirmed that it won't get us falsely accused of "cheating"?
  4. gigastar

Given how long this has been an issue for, i wouldnt be surprised to see that it could be resolved by patiently explaining what it is and what it does to one of the customer support folks.
  5. Gaius Varinius

I vaguely recall some discussions about defending yourself against a false accusation of cheating... IIRC it sounded like you don't really get a chance to defend yourself and they'll pretty much refuse to be specific about WHY you were banned (hard to defend yourself from an unknown accusation). The reasoning being that they don't want to give away info on how they detect stuff or what specifically they're looking for., or something like that I'd like to try this but still just too frikkin concerned about a false accusation here. I wish we could just get some official statement that this software is "approved" and safe to use.

Falesh, Exosus - so did you guys get banned? (lol, sorry)
  6. cruczi

Maybe you could create a ticket and ask if it's OK? Then if you get banned, you can send in the approval of the SOE rep
  7. Gaius Varinius

Hmm.. well that SEEMS like a good idea (at this time). :) I might just try it.