Current Thoughts on the New ES SMGs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Dec 7, 2017.

1. AtckAtck

Anyone know whats the "hybrid" in the hybrid supressor from the jackal? Because i don't get where the positive gain is for the big -50% velocity debuff? Where is the reason to use a hybrid supressor over a normal supressor? (If the weapon had a normal supressor.)
  2. JibbaJabba

Yes.

What is not the solution: Everybody stop raging about broken weapons.
    What IS the solution: Stop releasing broken weapons particularly when everyone on PTS warned you.
  3. Campagne

Well the Hybrid suppresser also reduces muzzle flash... Not really worth the -50% velocity. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  4. Xada

Current thoughts on the new smg's? Canis is OP only because of unstable ammunition. Gladius is alright, pair the new ammunition type up with the suppressor and run around as an infiltrator firing from the hip, you can shred lines, it's just nothing new. The Jackal itself isn't UP, it's attachment is UP and really, that's disheartening. Let me explain, if you run around with the Jackal and use it like any other smg, it works just fine. If you want to use the new firing mode from the ES attachment, it's weak. TR is kinda right to feel bad about this weapon because this attachment is what's supposed to sell the weapon. As an NC main, at LEAST the Gladius works at what it tries to do.

What I'd do to the Canis? Revamp Unstable ammunition in some way. I've been playing with the idea that has the Canis's damage increase with the RoF the longer the weapon is continuously firing. Have it start at 167 and ramp up to 200 or something. Keep the accuracy debuff for the unstable ammunition.

What I'd do to the Jackal? I dunno the limitations of what the devs could do, but I rather like the idea that while they are already firing the Jackal, TR could press 1 to instantly use their attachments burst and go back to firing regular. Have it be seamless. Delays are dumb, I've known that since the Railjack, which I have auraxiumed.
  5. Prudentia

normal supressors reduce max and min damage range by about 20%,so for most weapons max damage goes from 10m to 8m
  6. Bloodlock

You guys have no clue... Devs gave Canis to VS to see if TR and NC starts to fight each other more often... :p