CTD since 5/1 patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RathBrand, May 3, 2015.

1. RathBrand

Since the 5/1 patch, I've been experiencing crashes to desktop during game play. Prior to this patch, I hadn't had any crashes like this in months. It appears similar to the audio looping problem from several months ago. The screen will freeze, the audio will loop, and eventually Windows will ask if I want to stop the program.

The problem has occurred for me roughly 6 times from Friday evening thru Saturday. The time between crashes varies.

I've noticed that the problem sometimes occurs when I'm being hit by shotgun fire. Could be coincidence, but that sound is typically the one I hear looping.
  2. sjtw_w_stot

3 confirmed CTD's over the weekend myself. I rarely got them prior to recent patch.
    2 crashes I received an alert popup stating "You were disconnected from the server" then BAM! Staring at my desktop.

Currently running Win 7 - all service packs updated. Only VLC player, teamspeak, NVIDA drivers (no Experience) & popcorntime.io installed on this box. Did have Overwolf on this but it was slowing my fps down -- I do have it disabled from startup processes so has no effect on these CTD's.

Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz
    16 Gigs G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 1329MHZ 4GB 7.0GHZ GDDR5
    100 Mbps interwebz