CTD from Launcher

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MikSchultzy, Dec 13, 2015.

1. MikSchultzy

Game is crashing when I click "play" from the launcher. Starts up, gives black screen, adjusts resolution a couple times, and poof.

Pertinent information:

Windows 10
    AMD R9 280 (crossfire)
    i7-3770K
    16gbs Ram
    3 monitors
    AMD driver 15.11
    Astro A40 headset
    Razor Deathadder 2013

Don't know what other information would be helpful. But here's what I've done to try and fix this:

I've shut down all stat programs (raptr, razor synop, afterburner, etc)
    I've reinstalled
    I've changed directories
    I've changed drives
    I've rebooted
    I've deleted settings files in PS2
    I've disabled steam ingame
    I've set/disabled my firewall settings

My issue is the game doesn't even give a damn crash report that I can see.

What I am NOT willing to do:
    Reformat, different drivers (again), disable video cards, change video cards, or anything else that would be difficult to make ONE GAME that I play infrequently work. No point in doing something crazy just to make a single game work when so many others do without issue.
  2. sIcGER

i would recommend to downlad it per stand-alone installer ... not per steam

i still run win7 (and i am still happy with it ;)) - are you sure its not a driver/os issue ?

did you change anything os or system wise what could cause the problem ?
  3. MikSchultzy

I hadn't played PS2 since I upgraded to Win 10 - I came from Win 7 without issues.

Could it be that I have it on a secondary drive? I think I might have had it on my Primary drive when I had it on Win 7 - does drive location matter?
  4. sIcGER

normally it shouldnt matter on which drive the game is installed

like i said - i am still on win7... win10 seems to cause a lot trouble when it comes to drivers - so... sadly my advice to you is (even when you really dont like to hear that) -> try different drivers :(

you have to make sure that you use a driver that is really made for win10 afaik

since i dont use win10 ... i think thats pretty much all i can say
  5. MikSchultzy

Updated to 5.12 VC drivers today, same issue.

I at least see the skinned cursor from PS2 before it crashes now. I guess that is progress.
  6. MikSchultzy

New drivers, still same problem. Depressing. :\
  7. MikSchultzy

Tried to disable two of my 3 monitors (and run just the one)

Did not work.
  8. MikSchultzy

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2_x64.exe, version: 1.0.497.0, time stamp: 0x5671cdca
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.20, time stamp: 0x56540c3b
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000ee00c
    Faulting process id: 0x209c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1467863a8384f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 72d1351c-5b37-4bcb-b623-c0393b610e85
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  9. MikSchultzy

I give up. This is ********.

That is the only error I get. It does not happen every time, which tells me there is a bigger problem than the ntdll.dll with this game. This is the ONLY game that does it or pulls that error.