[Suggestion] Crushing Redeployside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Jan 27, 2015.

1. DQCraze

Reset Nanites to Zero if you redeploy into another base. Comments?
    • Up x 2
  2. BlueSkies

Well.. it would stop redeploy MAX crashes... but thats about it

EDIT: oh, it would also stop people from deploying to a non-swarmed base to grab armor/air... which is apparently what everyone suggests you do the minute enemy vehicles show up at your base
    • Up x 10
  3. Tbone

Hell yeah.
  4. MikeyGeeMan

So I guess this game is too fast for you.

Hard to decide to redeploy to defend a region vs stay and get your points.

The system in place is fine. If you want to slow it down, remove request reinforcements which will force people to deploy more local to where they are.
    • Up x 3
  5. Unsp0kn

If they made it so you really can't deploy to a base that your faction has pop, it would help but there's still ways around it. KDR stats make people afraid to pull a vehicle to get to a fight. Hell I pull a Mossie just to kamikazee it into a base so I can get there. I suck at flying and don't have any plans to learn how to do it.
    • Up x 1
  6. JudgeNu

Was redeploying always an option?
    If not, then why was redeploying implemented?
  7. CapperDeluxe

Nah, maybe better would be to increase the time you can deploy to another base the further it is away from you.
  8. Reclaimer77

No.

Ain't broke, don't fix.
  9. OldMaster80

This wouldn't solve the problem.
    Redeploy should only be limited to spawn beacons (1st rank should be for free) and to squad logistic system.
    Giving platoons a free, unlimited mass teleporter was the stupidest move devs have made since the game is out.
  10. Tommyp2006

Going off of memory...

In the very early days, there were local spawns in a radius around the hex you were in (pre lattice days), and there were instant action hotspots that either the attackers or defenders could utilize. This brought about the very early PS2 days of "steel rain" where whole platoons would use these to drop on a base at the same time from anywhere on the map. Lots of people complained about organized outfits abusing this, and it got changed to more or less what we have now, a "reinforcements needed" tab where defenders can still deploy to a base from anywhere on the map or sometimes across continents, and defenders have to push up on foot or use spawn beacons, and a single instant action button that takes you to a "battle" (or more frequently not) somewhere on the map. So what we had was a system that was heavily abused by both sides (and wasn't sustainable for both sides), and went to a system that was only abusable by defenders. The problem that people have had with the system since then is that it's made it far too easy to just play defender all day, and attacking becomes an exercise in futility.
    • Up x 1
  11. JudgeNu

I also heard that after lattice that zergs would just go around each other.
    Was this a part of the reason for redeploy or no?

PS: It ld be cool if there was a PS2 Chronicles.
    I mean like a new guy says "C4 timer is way too long" didn't realize it used to be short and OP.
  12. Ronin Oni

Because people didn't want to have to travel.
  13. TechMechMeds

So everyone stands around for about 5 ish mins until they can effctively do anything?. Vehicle drivers would literally have to stand about and we'd have to wait for them lol.

I'm pretty sure this would mean that we'd get a lot of battle bus spam as it would be one of the most effective things to spawn quickly. Big battle bus zergs.
  14. lothbrook

Put a 10 minute CD on redeploy, problem solved, so once every 10 minutes a zergfit can rush through a spawn room, plenty of time to cap a base or two, maybe they'll even learn to use transports.
  15. FnkyTwn

Changing that system won't slow outfits down. Redeploying for outfits can be problematic due to the trickle of players that sometimes comes in, versus simply having everybody redeploy back to the warpgate and then getting on a Galaxy.

I'm not sure what will 'fix' redeployside or if it's even really an actual problem. Maybe increasing spawn timers so a death means more? Make it 30 seconds and gradually work up from there if required, instead of making it some crazy amount to start.
  16. FateJH

No, that was before lattice, during the pure hex era. It was also a mutual "avoid each other" approach, until you both accidentally ended up in the same base that one of the two sides owned. What followed was spawn camping, where the AoE on tanks hells and rocket pods would rain down on the spawn room, bleed through the walls, and repeatedly kill everyone inside the tiny shacks we used to be given for spawning. And then there were the rare occasions that both side would actually run into each other and engage in fighting that usually accomplished nothing and only signaled the end of this current zerg. So people would scatter, thern eventually reform at the Warp Gate when the bases close to it were capped, and the group would head out to roll out to ghost cap again. The zergs in question used to be tanks, or at least always start as legions of tanks.

In any case, no, this wasn't a contributing factor. I think the earliest manifestation of what we have now was just after the introduction of the lattice. I seem to recall all front line bases being spawn options at some point, or the discussion of thus.
    Fun anecdote: you used to be able to drop tank mines under stationary Vehicles and they'd auto explode after their activation timer finished. Even after they removed that, if you found tank mines under your parked Vehicle, you were screwed because there was no way to move the thing. They hadn't yet included Repair Tool defusing.
    • Up x 1
  17. Icedude94

Putting a countdown timer on redeploys seems to me the simplest and best course of action. That still leaves it in as a valid option for the solo casuals and still allows the dedicated vehicle people to redeploy a base back to pull a vehicle from safety but taking away the instant teleportation that allows a force of a couple hundred players to defend 3-5 bases simultaneously.

Currently the redeploy mechanic is most abused by the really large outfits. If those outfits are organized enough to throw 96+ to defend a base being attacked by 12 people, they can surely get their 96+ into galaxies or into sundies. At least that'll give everyone else a chance to slow down their movements.

In just about every other game, large numbers always have the disadvantage of being slow and hard to move around. Not in planetside.

As it is right now, an extremely large force can move around just as fast as a small force and they laugh at how the most effective counter against them, AoE vehicle-based weapons, can't do anything to stop them because of the current base designs.

You can still leave in the ability to squad deploy into galaxies and sunderers. That at least gives something for the other side to target and destroy and gives the vehicles outside of a base something to do.

Come on SOE, remember that your game is supposed to be combined arms. It's not supposed to be a lop-sided infantry team deathmatch with vehicles occasionally thrown in between base fights.

Edit: Looking at the numbers, the outfits that abuse the mechanic also do /suicide a LOT when moving around so maybe restrict spawning to the current hex/warpgate, uncontested major facilities, and squad spawning in vehicles.
  18. JudgeNu

I remember this, they changed it to something easier back to not so easy.
    So Redeployside was much faster.

So being able to redeploy to a threatened base instead of using a Gal/Sundy or even MBT/Lightnings serves what purpose?
    Being able to counterzerg a zerg before the timer runs out.

Which the only real option is redeploying at the threatened base with a MAXRush.

The other option is to redeploy at a nearby base and grab some armor.
    I am seeing more of this actually from NC.
    This is acceptable to me.

I could be wrong but imo NC's real problem is not the Meta.
    It is the nuts and bolts of teamwork and using what we have to our advantage.
    I think there are too many Outfits with few players and no exchange of tactics or ideas. (many reasons for this)
    NC has a leadership problem and I don't think its the upper echelon necessarily.

Many times I find myself on foot from either bailing or w/e against a Mag or two and my only option is landmines.
    But they fail me.
    What is the time frame needed to be successful?
  19. DQCraze

What about restricting a redeploy to lattice? Or tying redeploys to nanites, 200 nanites to redepoly 400 to a non lattice link, going back to warp gate would be free.
  20. MikeyGeeMan

What's really funny is these are the same discussions that were had that forced lattice.

If you tie bonuses to certain territories people womt give them up so easy.

Why do we attack the tech plant? To get tanks or stop you from getting tanks, mbts

Why defend that region vs another. Its just a base now...but could be so much more.