Crossbow propositions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Master, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Master

Crossbows are coming in....so I have a couple propositions to make crossbows different from other weaponry.

Bypass Shields
    • Give crossbows the ability to bypass shields (personal shield and heavy assault overshield) and balance the weapon with the fact that it does health damage only. It will be decent if you get the jump on your enemies and very good if your enemy has health missing but his shields are up.
    Maim Ability
    • Hit enemy with bolts and it slows down their movement speed. The crossbow becomes more of a support weapon. Give them an arrow to the knee.
    Tracker Bolts
    • Hit enemy with bolts and he is auto-spotted for a certain amount of time. Another idea is for the bolts to be like a recon dart that moves along with the enemy.
    Bleed out
    • If its a slow firing semi-auto that is built for medium to long range, a DoT would be interesting for this weapon.
    I must say that the shield bypass is my favorite idea and I hope crossbows will have a different ability.
    • Up x 1
  2. Maljas23

I am for the shield bypass, but that's it.
  3. AirborneCarrot

Instead of calling it and making it look like a crossbow
    you can call it and make it look like something cooler.
    Perhaps some sort of projectile weapon for the VS and some sort of energy weapon for the TR/NC.

As long as it doesn't remind you of a crossbow, then it's ok.

Crossbow fad has no place in this game.
    • Up x 8
  4. vincent-

chewbacca has a crossbow
    • Up x 2
  5. KnightCole

Crossbows are coming...oh god.....I saw a COD video with the Xbow...its a super god ohk weapon....

Its going to be the same thing here isnt it? ugh....

Super silent, amazingly accurate, 0 CoF, 750dmg, rapid fire, sniper rifle with the ability to by pass shields, heavily damage flashes, track tanks, flame out ESF...lol.

Cuz every shooter who brings in old school stuff always makes it really Op...this game will be no different.
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

It will be a cheap re-hash of some generic damage type (i.e. snowball gun), that will be good for nothing more than humiliation. I Hope that these things are unique, and add a certain dynamic to the game, but im not that hopeful.
  7. Epicstrat

Grapple line. That is all.
    • Up x 6
  8. Pokebreaker

Oh god, not crossbows here too... Was really hoping to avoid crossbows being brought into this game altogether. I don't want this game becoming like certain games we love to hate.
    • Up x 3
  9. NinjaTurtle

And why does a cross bow have no place in the game, I'm always curious of such dismissive posts
    • Up x 1
  10. Acceleratio

My god.... and we gave the recon drone away for this :(
    • Up x 1
  11. Klondik3

Crossbow = infiltrator shotgun
  12. NinjaTurtle

What is wrong with Crossbow's, as I asked a previous poster. I am curious of such dismissive posts?
  13. Crackulous

Implement shurikens please, the ninja in me is waiting.
    • Up x 4
  14. Phazaar

I would -love- to see it be a LA utility slot weapon. A minor amount of damage, but more importantly, a grappling hook. Would be super awesome. Just sayin'.

For those of you old enough, did anyone else play grappling hooks in Dark Forces? Legitimately the most fun multiplayer EVER.
  15. Chipay

it's going to be a valentines vanity item like the snowball launcher and flare gun (the crossbow has heart icons on each side) don't worry too much about it becomming anything serious
  16. Chipay

Seeing as how a cross bow would have lower velocity, lower damage, lower RoF compared to a machine gun, there's no reason someone would prefer a bow over a gun during war.
    • Up x 2
  17. Aesir

BF2 SF expansion pack, the crossbow was there to shoot robes around for travel between buildings, instead of exposing yourself on the ground.

Throw it into the LA utility slot or something along those lines, so he can allow friends to come up.
    • Up x 2
  18. ironeddie

I'd like to see a serious crossbow but as a secondary weapon not a primary. Make it deal better damage than pistols but keep its range short to medium.
  19. sustainedfire

To those who think the crossbow will be a novelty item :

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/february-infiltrator-update.167737/

It is slated as a weapon for the Infiltrator update. It will be a fully usable combat piece.

http://i.imgur.com/ER8K9UK.jpg

Its unfortunate that they are releasing the pink with hearts crossbow skins, but I think those will be uncommon. They are likely to cost SC, so anyone who may want one will have to consider if it is really worth the $7 or +++ $$ cost.
  20. Jeralamo

didnt his crossbow shoot lasers?
    • Up x 1