Critical Mass Rewards and Time on Map thoughts

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Purp, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Purp

First off, I think that the ISO 4 rewards should be based on time and effort during the alert. If you are on the losing side (and I am currently maining NC on Emerald and expect to be on the losing side A LOT) I think the ISO 4 rewards should be based on effort and NOT switching factions to the winning team. I have seen over the last week a shift to the winning factions and NC being more and more under-popped.

Second, faction switching. I wish we were limited to one faction per server (but I know that will never happen). Could we put a timer on that would prevent faction switching? Let's say, if you log in on one faction you can't switch factions for 30 minutes?

Third concern is Map rotation times. During the playtest (which was a blast!) We stayed on Indar the entire time. We never really triggered the new alert, it was dev triggered, and I am concerned we may be stuck on maps for even longer periods of time then we do currently on low population times of the day. I would hate to be stuck on certain maps for 10 or more hours...
  2. ParakeetLord88

I'm assuming that DBG wants continents to be lockable, but also for that lock to be meaningful and (I would presume) not as often as what happens now, which can sometimes be very short, especially on the "off" continent that most people don't use (as opposed to be main one that you see most fighting on).

It remains to be seen how things such as the Meltdown would operate on the off hours when few people are around. One might think the same as main hours, if populations are balanced, but I'm not sure about that. Of course, I'm now in favor of an alternative system as I recently posted.
  3. Whiteagle

I think Wrel said they were going to try to do this, where your reward at least reflected how long you were on during the alert and not just whoever won, but I don't know if this is in yet.

What I am concerned about is how pitiful the loosing reward is at this point; 50 ISO-4 for an hour of getting your butt kicked.
    You need at least 75 to upgrade a Tier 1 Implant to Tier 2...

Yeah, and this one of the reasons they want us at the Playtest; Getting Data to fine tune the Alert parameters so they are both triggerable AND winnable.
  4. Purp

I hope that the ISO 4 rewards are static across all three factions- based only on "Time in Alert" and effort. For example, TR player triggers alert and wins alert- gets unlockable cosmetic, loot box, and 150 ISO-4. In that same alert NC player loses alert and was lowest performing faction but spent the same amount of time and effort as the TR player who won- he should get the same 150 ISO-4 (but no cosmetic and no loot box). I think the ISO-4 reward should be the same for both players and only be based on time in alert and effort- not win or lose.

If you switch factions during the alert I think the max reward should be 50 ISO-4 and NO LOOT BOX and NO Cosmetic- even if you win.

This will hopefully help alleviate some of the faction switching that will occur.