[Creative] Ideas to improve the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, May 29, 2021.

1. elkikko92

I tried the last new facility on Esamir, and I had a lot of fun. It's so complicated and interesting.
    From the beginning of Planetside 2 I continue to think it can be the best strategic FPS of all time; BUT actually it's not in the best situation.

1) What I think Planetside 2 needs is have bases complicated and various. All the little outposts with only one control point could be merged into a big outpost or facility.
    2) After that the game needs a resource system; it's absolutely needful. Without resource system capture a base or lose is the same; actually there is no reason to capture a specific base. If you lose a territory you should be have less ammo, less veichles spawn...

With these 2 points the game can improve a lot.
    Have you any ideas of complicated bases and a special resource system?
  2. Demigan

We has a resource system in the early days. Each base generated the resources needed for infantry, tanks and aircraft.
    Whenever one faction started winning they started snowballing. Each base meant more resources for them and less for their opponents.

Bases can only create bonuses on a local level. For example by interconnecting bases to each other. Base A powers most of the teleporters for the bases in the area. Base B provides fire support, base B&C together create a warpgateshield around the main facility etc.

That said, combining bases and making them more intricate is a good idea. Every base needs to have secondary objectives to complete. Generators that can be destroyed in a variety if ways, turning some antennae into destroyable faction-beacons, adding consoles that control a part of the base like venting chemicals into a room to create a painfield or scan a local area etc. Every base needs to be simultaneously taken apart by the attackers and build up/maintained by the defenders.
    • Up x 1
  3. RabidIBM

I agree that there should be fewer, but larger bases in this game. They also need to be more in step with each other in how they handle. I recently led a platoon into a containment site at the start of a continent. By the time we got established on point to start seriously taking the base we had already lost Waterson's Redemption. That sort of disparity means that to be efficient, players should avoid the containment sites. It is not good if new content requires players to ignore the entire RTS component of this hybrid game.
  4. JustGotSuspended

They shouldn't have dumbed down the game to this extent. PS1 mechanics were much better. Beta was better. THe game now is in a horrible state, and as much strategic/teamwork value has been wiped out as possible.