[Suggestion] Crazy fun idea: Teleport grenade

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hoki, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hoki

I can't remember which game it was, but there was an FPS where you could throw a little device and right-click, it would teleport you to that location.

I think since LA's big flavor is mobility and flanking, it would be pretty cool.

Jump on a roof, drop your teleporter, then flank from the other side. As people come to attack you, teleport and flank from the other side.

Tosses like a grenade but sticks like a sticky grenade. Maximum teleport range of 100 meters or so.

Can be detonated in mid-air.
  2. Rogueghost

As cool as this sounds, if this becomes a real thing I'll never die as light assault.
    Put my teleporter in spawn start doing my thing, as soon as anything that looks like a threat comes near teleport to safety and resupply.
  3. Hoki

No teleport zone around and within spawn shields.

With every idea comes limitations. :p
  4. Iridar51

Teleport thrower was in unreal tournament, and teleport grenade is in firefall (bugged as hell).

Both are semi-neat ideas, but it's been my impression that most LA don't want a tool for killing / escaping, but a tool to somehow help their team, so squad leaders won't roll eyes when they see you play LA, oblivious to how important a couple of LA's can be in a near-base play.
  5. Leivve

Would be nice, but it would have to be a VERY short range teleport, throw it into a corner and if a heavy walks through the doorway you're covering you can burst him, teleport behind him, disorienting him while you get a few more shots off.
    For balance reason it would also have to have a bolt of lightning travel to the grenade so a person can see were to buggered off to/towards. Have it be one time use but can upgrade it to two uses per grenade would be tolerable.
    • Up x 1
  6. bodmans

Idea in OP... not so much, Idea in Leivve's post a bit more

Initial thought about idea in OP was: Daddy-much?
  7. Frankiedoodle

I'd prefer something like the Longbow grenades from Borderlands 2, infinite range with probably miniature blast radius.
  8. Corezer

I would too, instead of one of our underwhelming grenade options...
  9. Nogrim313

can i make a suggestion rather than a grenade have it replace the jump pack.

you would need to add an ability button for the LA, F throws/launches the marker, teleport is triggered on jump and hold. the teleport point could send you a few feet above the marker and drops you on top of it

holding space would trigger the teleport, so you could toss one, jump off the building, and while falling hold space to teleport to where you dropped it, consuming the marker

ranks would decrease the recharge rate to launch a new marker and possibly the effective range

a neat visual/sound effect at both points to draw a little attention

would it be better shot like a gun or thrown like a grenade?
    if its too strong it could always disable shields for 1/2 normal recharge time when used