Crashing when I select my character and hit play.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Datareaper, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Datareaper

Title is self explanatory but I'll repeat it.
    My game closes without a crash report when I select my soldier and hit the play button.
    This happens every 2 out of 3 times.
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. Datareaper

Did all of that, crashed three more times before it let me into the game.
  4. Datareaper

Still crashing when I try to play the game, ten times in a row now before actually getting in game.
  5. Datareaper

Changing the flora settings in game caused me to crash. Lol.
  6. Joe_da_cro

i used to have this a few updates ago and i found that my overclock was causing it. this might not be the case for you but if you are overclocking turn everything back to stock and try again. i found when i was getting crashes it was due to memory frequency and timings coupled with the CPU overclock. i have since then changed the settings and im luckily getting only the odd crash in every 20 hours of game time