Crashing Issue During Drops

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jetlag, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Jetlag

Recently I have been having an issue with freeze ups and crashing specifically when I use the drop pod feature, this can include instant action drops, dropping on squad leader as well as spawn beacon drops.
    As a rough estimate I would say that 50% of my drops result in a freeze up leading to a crash to desktop.

Looking through recent topics here I couldnt see anyone discussing this, so I ask
    Is anyone else experiencing this bug?
    Does anyone have any advice on how I can resolve this issue?
  2. Naisha

Yes. It has happened to me several times. Would be great to have this looked into and hopefully fixed very soon.
  3. MrLee.NO

I can also confirm this issue. Since last patch I can never spawn on spawn beacons without the game freezing upon spawn (you know just before the actual drop pod graphic spawns in.
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

For those experiencing this issue, run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

If your problems persist, please submit a ticket thru our support system so we can take a look and see what's going on - instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature; once you have a ticket submitted, go ahead and PM any of the TSR's (Sean, Alex, etc...) or myself with the incident #, and we'll be happy to take a look when we can.
  5. Kastrenzo

I have a very powerful computer but eversince GU03 when I first log in, or whenever I drop, the video will lock up for a few seconds. Not sure if it's the same story as this or not.