Crashing After Selecting A Character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flaglore101, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Flaglore101

Hi all

I recently re-installed ps2 on steam after a while of not playing and have been having some issues...

The game starts up fine, and after selecting a character I am greeted with the loading screen for the continent which starts at 20%, increases to 21%, then proceeds to crash.

Hope someone has a fix for this

Flaglore
  2. quex

I also have this same issue. This only started happening after Update 2. I've been playing without issue since Beta until the update.
  3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

You may want to try validating your game's assets as some files may have become corrupt. You can do so by clicking the tiny spanner icon in the bottom left of the screen and select validate, then press the green button.

If that doesn't work, regrettably, this issue can be caused by a variety of different factors so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide you with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be to open a support ticket with us so we can check your system specs and provide you with some solid suggestions to get you back into the game.

Instructions to open a support ticket can be found in my signature.
  4. Nicolai Mandrag

I just talked to Chatsupport on this issue - They could not help me on this either. It might require waiting for a hotfix as even transfering my gamefile to another machine solves the issue. At least my game is loading up to 85 % before going the way of the dodo.
  5. Nicolai Mandrag

*edit : it did not solve the issue - sry for the typo.
  6. quex

Same here... Chat Support could not solve this issue. Have to wait for a hotfix :(
  7. Helioex

I have had the same problem since the patch. After selecting my character, I get to around 60-80% loaded before crashing.

Already opened a support ticket and was told that my video card is no longer supported (WTF?!). It worked just fine before the patch, with a good framerate at low-medium settings. Since the patch, I am completely unable to play; not once has it managed to load.
  8. quex

This issue is fixed for me in the latest Hotfix (02.05.2013)!