Crashing after latest update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bleu10, Oct 30, 2015.

1. bleu10

Just started happening today. Crashes when clicking on play button with the following error:

PlanetSide2_x64.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point K32GetMappedFileNameA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Started happening after an update was made to launcher. I've tried validating files, updating my graphics drivers, running as Administrator, rebooting pc. Nothing working. Anyone know what is going on?

Specs:
    Intel i7 2.67GHz
    8G Ram
    Windows Vista
    Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
  2. XxGAM3OV3RxX

after the recent update it lets me jump on the game but within 30 seconds it kicks me from the game i cant play the game at all. i think something went wrong during the update. hope they fix it soon
    • Up x 1
  3. Fabiolous

same here.
  4. MasterDk78

same here.
  5. Goretzu

There's a definate crash bug been introduced with the last patch.

In my case I can get in ok, but then I crash to desktop every 5 to 10 mins of gameplay, prior to the last patch I was only crashing once a month or so.
  6. aureliustratos

i have this problem too. please fix it DBG
  7. anarcheril

After this last patch I crash 100% of the time I try to reload.
  8. PiroInsane

yeah rashing after game gets loaded aswell fix it plz
  9. ZaphodBeeblebrox

Yeah it's busted.

I don't understand WHY Daybreak keeps issuing patches or doing maintenance on Fridays. Why don't you do it on a quiet night so if something is busted you get a chance to find out and fix it before prime time.
    • Up x 2
  10. Warloghe

I hate doing this but F*ck i pay for this game DBG sort your **** out.
  11. Cheetoh

Same here.

I was able to play some last night, but this morning it's back to crash crash crash.

I don't like the new alert system anyways, so f*ck it.
  12. user101

I think the day of meeting the min spec of PS2 has come into full operation... ! GT cards are out and dual cores are just about done.
    The graphics ran good for me... but they were down to 50-60FPS not the normal 114FPS that I run most of the time in the past.
  13. Spoprockl

Same here.
  14. newdamage1

Crashing after about 10-15 seconds.

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2_x64.exe, version: 1.0.440.0, time stamp: 0x5632a4b6
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2_x64.exe, version: 1.0.440.0, time stamp: 0x5632a4b6
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000009abc5
    Faulting process id: 0x4ac
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d11325fe9bc414
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Report Id: 06e10844-292b-453a-90a5-c943d81e536f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  15. henrickbr

My FPS drops dramatically in small battles 20 + 20 from 60 to 9 fps, it's a very big drop. TERRIBLE!
  16. RadarX

Please PM me your character name and server if you are crashing after you load into the world. The client crashing may be a different issue.
  17. Lumberchuk

I'm having a similar problem but no error message or anything when it crashes. Just click play, go to black screen for a few seconds, then back to desktop as if nothing happened. Originally installed the game through just the launcher, then reinstalled through steam but both are having the same issue. Tried validating game files and running as admin but nothing changed, still crash about 5 seconds in.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

PM Sent
  19. Ragnarrok

Same here. Playing on Miller.
  20. Erama

Same issue for me (and my OS is VIsta 64 too).