Crash to Desktop at 1st Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghoozerbergenstein, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ghoozerbergenstein

As title says, for about 2-3 days now, maybe a week, whenever I try to start the game up, at the first loading screen it'll start at 32%, go back to 6%, then after a little while jump to 94% and after a few more seconds just close itself without any error or explanation. Thus far I have tried:

- excluding PS2 in firewall and all antivirus/malware programmes;
    - turning off all such protection programmes and running PS2;
    - validating game assets;
    - deleting game cache;
    - restarting computer;
    - deleting the following files: ActivityUserData.ini
    InputProfiles.xml
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    PlanetSide2.exe
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll
    and revalidating game assets again;
    - cutting off the giant Mimir's head and asking it how to fix it;

I would really like to avoid having to reinstall the game, because my download speed is complete rubbish and that would take about a day. Unless that is my only viable option, that is. I have encountered this before after a patch and normally things just work out after a short while (definitely shorter than the time I've been dealing with this nonsense). However, also seeing as how nobody else in my outfit is encountering this issue, I made the decision to try and do something rather than just sit and wait for the Software Fairy to pull her magic wand out of her **** and fix it. If anyone could help me out, that'd be just grand. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ghoozerbergenstein

UPDATE: I did something that might've fixed it and that is the following:

1.) Run CMD as administrator.

2.) Type in the following: netsh winsock reset

3.) Hit "return"

3.) The cmd command console will prompt you to restart your computer.

4.) After restarting your computer, open Planetside 2.

PlanetSide started without an issue. Then I closed it and started it again and even though the loading screen scenario repeated itself, I got to the character selection without a hick-up and even to Esamir after that. My ping was about 20-30000, but I'm going to assume that something's just wrong with my Internet this time and not with PS2. Hope this helps out somebody else as well.