Crash Reporting Tool needed

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by jiggaaa, Jan 25, 2013.

1. jiggaaa

How about implement an Crash reporting tool ? or something like a debug-log mode ?
    Could maybe very useful for Gm's to fix some issues!
  2. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

We actually have both of these things. Crashes automatically generate a report that we can see, and we monitor the logs throughout the day (and into the night as well at times). There are ways the GM's can help you get additional data in logs as well.

Is there something in particular you're having trouble with?
    • Up x 1
  3. FlR3

Maybe they are getting a G99 code like I am and many others. Ever since this past hotfix I haven't been able to play because of it. I already have exceptions on my firewall and anti-virus. Played fine until hotfix. I've had this before and the last patch cleared it up, but then this past hotfix caused it again. I'm just hoping this next hotfix or patch clears it up again. The last patch even cleared up my having no voice incoming or outgoing also so I am hoping it still works when I can get back on. By the way great job on whatever you all did to get voice back to a lot of us. I lost voice when the game went live back in November
  4. jiggaaa

ah ok , sry couldnt see it =D

yes since i changed my os to windows 8 i have a crash like every 15 minutes, sometimes in big battles sometimes in not even a fight, and i have massive freezing when i join the warpgate. my rig is low but i didnt had that problems before

btw thanks for the help i love the work you guys doin
  5. L33T-T3CH

how about every time i exit the game i get a crash window?.
    • Up x 1
  6. jiggaaa

i have that Problem too but,btw
    i reinstalled Windows8 with 64 bit and it works fine now!
  7. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

If you're planning to play mostly games you should make certain your power-saving options are appropriately set (to prefer performance or something similar). Some of the default power options (especially on new installs) are very "conservative" and can cause dynamic CPU or GPU speed scaling, which can cause some strange timing issues.
    • Up x 3
  8. LouCypher

So you know whenever I close the game, because that's when it always crashes for me.

Really sad it's gone this long without being fixed.
    • Up x 2
  9. Arakkus

Planetside stopped working. Get this almost every play session and sometimes more than once. This shouldn't be happening.
  10. Arakkus

Also get the funky thing with the graphics flashing and have to restart.
  11. RblDiver

Yeah, it seems like my rig (normally running ~40fps on ultra) has a tendency, when too many people enter an area, drops to less than 1fps (instantly, not a gradual thing, just happens). This lasts ~3min, after which I get the flicker bug for another ~3-5min.
    • Up x 1
  12. Zyzyx

I've always had the exit crash, since the beginning of beta. Here's the detail dump in case it's useful:
    Fault Module Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:5101f120
    Exception Code:c0000096
    Exception Offset:00050045
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  13. LouCypher

There's no need to post crash dumps or submit support tickets about crash on close. It's a "known issue". That's the response you'll get if you report it the official way, and a fix is "in the works" for months now.