CQC: Lynx or Hailstorm?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TwwIX, Jul 21, 2014.

1. TwwIX

I mainly play Engineer and Light Assault.

I plan on unlocking both eventually but currently have enough certs for only one of them. I am having trouble deciding which one to go first for. What say ye, wise forumsiders?

Cheers!
  2. Iridar51

Hailstorm is bad. If Lynx was an SMG it would be amazing. As a carbine it faces many inherent issues - large bloom, low bullet damage, fast ammo expenditure and high recoil per second due to high rate of fire.

If you must have one of the two, then Lynx is a better choice. SMGs are rather weak for non-infiltrators, especially TR ones, and Hailstorm is particularly bad.

If you just want an effective CQC weapon, Jaguar is a better choice, unless you don't plan to engage anyone past 15-20m or can't aim for the head at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. WyrdHarper

Lynx is better. As Iridar said, for only 250 certs, the Jag is also a versatile, CQC carbine that won't break your cert budget..
    • Up x 1
  4. Tommyp2006

Between those two? 100% the lynx
    • Up x 1
  5. TwwIX

I've had the Jag for a while now. I prefer the T5 AMC even though it has a slower fire rate. I don't know. I was just looking for something different since the aforementioned weapons feel like variants of the Trac-5 to me. I got most of the weapons unlocked for these two classes. Including the NS ones. Anyway. I guess the Lynx it is.
  6. Canaris

the Lynx kills & the Hailstorm tickles ;)