CQC Armistice attachments

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by user13806, Oct 27, 2013.

1. repairtool6

Ext mag and soft point.
    Never use the suppressor. Never use the compensator.
    Ads the vast majority of the time.
    Just simply ignore the "always hipfire, never ads" crowd. It is the single worst advice consistently given to new inflitrators
  2. Benevon

An infiltrator should "never" use a suppressor on a weapon they will be using within 15m the majority of the time?? With the Armistice, there really is no reason NOT to run with a suppressor. The decrease in bullet velocity is hardly noticeable at it's effective ranges.

Also, with a weapon with such exceptional hip fire capabilities, why would you ADS all the time? You should be hip firing most of the time and ADSing when you have the drop on an enemy or need to fire just a little further out.
  3. Canno

2x scope, soft points for her pleasure, suppressor for my pleasure, extended mag

My goal is to always be close enough that spread doesn't matter much because chances are I'm not winning a distance firefight. Suppressor doesn't make enough difference to me in terms of killing to not have it on. I'd much prefer people not know I'm there when, for example, I go hunting snipers or come across a line of unaware enemies.

2x scope I use more to get a little better look at something than to actually shoot people with. I do use it for shooting people so going higher doesn't really work for me.

But that's just my play style and what works for me.

Right now my Arm is catching up to my SR-7 for kills, 2600 vs 3000.

Trying to get the shiny purple medal on the NS-PDW.. what a crappy gun when you come from the Arm :D
  4. Benevon

The NS-7 is pretty solid if you don't use it like the Arm. You want to play a little bit more at a distance with it due to it's longer effective range. It'll get blown out of the water against most of the other SMGs up close though.

Personally, I almost always put a NV scope on my SMGs. Hip fire up close and if I get the jump on somebody or am shooting at a distance I scope in. Great for when somebody throws a smoke 'nade in a room and runs in thinking nobody can see him :D But optics really come down to preference.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jawarisin

You don't seem to be well adives, I'll keep it at that.

Soft Point, Silencer (MUST), choice of sight, extended mag/foward grip.
    Laser sight junky is for hailstorm.
    Check me on DasAnfall stats (JawarisinNC most recent alt) or JawarisinV as main. You can see my stats. Currently (just found it out, rated "suspicious" on the kill per hour (1/10000 player gets that).

I ads because my I kill in 4 bullets with my Eridani (in the head) and 3 with my Cyclone. I'll win every fight we do where you hip fire only.

Such stupid advices, it's beyond redemption.

I like how you've never used any SMG but you try to give advices about this.
  6. Leivve

You don't need a suppressor because your cloak will remove you dot on the mini map, so all it does is reduce your max damage range. If you're not use to the flow of a base and are new to infiltrator I would recommend using a silencer, or if you're not a infiltrator, but for the most part carbines especially TR carbines have bigger fangs.
    Infiltrators us SMGs when they want to be up close, other classes take them because they are willing to trade range and in some cases damage for superior hip fire,l. If that's how you roll more power to you, but you go in knowing your giving up a huge advantage for it to fit your style.
  7. Jawarisin

Not even going to bother answering to this. I'll keep it to my previous statement.
    You don't seem to be well advised.
  8. Obuw

What is the point of using an SMG if you plan to ADS with it? Just get the auto scout rifle. It is vastly superior for ADS (if you have magic aimbot skills that let you score 100% headshots on moving targets in the middle of a firefight while noone can hit you back somehow.)

Or sure, actually it's pretty sound advice. By all means use the SMG. Actually, I hear SMG's are great for long range with 4x scopes, supressor, soft point and foregrip. Make sure you take extra ammo in your suit slot too, you'll be so awesome you'll need it. *rubs hands and looks forward to killing poorly equipped infiltrators*.
    • Up x 1
  9. repairtool6

sigh.......
    :/
    why is this even difficult?

Armistice with the ext. mags:

COF ADS (standing still or moving dosent matter) :

COF HIPFIRE:
    1.0 standing still
    1.5 moving
    Bloom pr shot 0.05 regardless.

Aiming down sight you can put out a 14 bullets burst before you even reach hipfire cof..

Is this a difference? How big do you guys percive this difference to be?
    Inconsequensial? At 5 meter? at 10 meters? at 15 meters? Hmm

Besides even when values are equal, you always have better pixel-precision aiming with sights..so..

OBVIUSLY i dont mean you treat your smg like a carbine and shoot at ppl 40 meters away, but simply dont hipfire unless you have to.
    Yes the hipfire is good (OF COURSE!) but that dosent mean you should ALWAYS DO IT.
    In fact, you should never do it unless you really HAVE to (just like with all guns. Pistols or whatever)
    Majority of your targets should not even be aware that you are there before you start shooting them. Why not make a small extra effort to just take him out efficently?

Always hipfiring is just convinient and lazy. I can relate to that and understand that. But its not adviceable as a general rule.
    I really really struggle to understand why this is even an issue. Sorry

ADS dont mean necessary LONG RANGE SHOOTING, it just simply mean actually AIMING.
  10. Benevon

Pretty sure a suppressor does nothing to affect your min damage at distances. It reduces bullet velocity. That means increased bullet drop and needing to lead the target due to slower projectile speed. Neither of which is noticeable in the Arm's max damage range.

I use it. Anybody who decides not to is perfectly fine. Personally, I've been killed many times because I fired with an un suppressed weapon whether I cloaked or not (cloak is so easy to see in CQC ranges) and have had a few kill streaks that would not have happened without a suppressor. Again, thats me, and the suppressor argument will always exist.
  11. Catch23

Thats what I thought pretty much until today. never ran the the Armistice with a suppressor, because like you said you have less max damage range, less velocity and your cloak will remove yourself from the minimap.

Still put it on after reading Mustarde and it really made a difference. just played through an altert with it, both in-game night and daytime

first off, you are more silent with it and it's really silent. plus it's a more uncommon Sound, not as easy to identify faction-wise. Then you get the Flash Suppressors benefits with it (dunno if you also get its COF Bloom penalty), so at night you wont be nearly as visible + your own muzzle flash doesnt blind you as much, which can be a problem vs dark camos or Vanu natural camo.

when you get into combat you don't always use your cloak prior to your first engagement and as long as you don't cloak the suppressor will habe a huge benefit. With NAC ist a must have imo.

as for the Armistice itself, the ext. mags are a necessity, 30 125 Tier rounds with 896 RPM (tends to overshoot) is just not enough and lacking a lasersight + the Armistices horiontal shake makes you want to use it at really short distance. It's better than any other SMG at 6 m so a suppressor doesnt take much away on this smg. unlike on the Blitz that gives you more range. I think a suppressor is more suited for the Armistice than any other SMG.

I still like the Blitz a bit better but actually it's just a little different playstyle
  12. Sworaven

Why is it that every time I read one of your posts you're bashing other players' opinions or preferences? I always felt like the Infiltrator-section has been somewhat spared from all the negativity that sometimes goes on in other parts of the forums. This always seemed like a place where we could learn from each other out, discuss loadouts/weapons and help each other out in a constructive and respectful manner.

So why start now? There are other ways to express your toughts and criticisms.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mustarde

Snarky comments aside there is an easy way to resolve this issue.

If you aren't sure what attachments are best, try them all and see what works for you. Some of you have success with ADS, some of you with hipfire. If you are getting kills and winning engagements, then keep it up. There is no right answer.

Without diving into a huge rant, as with most equipment choices in this game, there is no right answer. The only principle I've found true is that there are wrong fights, or wrong playstyles for loadouts and equipment choices. You do not go into open field fights with a shotgun. If you equip a shotgun, you need to play like you have one equipped and get indoors and start hugging corners.

If you equip an advance laser on the Armistice, try to avoid very crowded fights and engage in as many 1v1's as possible. If you want to ADS a lot, put the forward grip on and engage from a slightly further distance of 15m or so.

As for my loadout and justification, go back and read how I describe my use of the Armistice. I ideally engage targets within 6m and hipfire them. At that range, you don't need the laser sight. I hipfire because it will still land most shots in the head and I can dance like Gangan Style while doing it, reducing incoming damage. If my target tries to ADS me while I'm fighting him, he will die a sad death because I am distorting my hitbox and moving unpredictably at 1.0 movement speed while he is fixed at 0.5 movement in an awkward configuration.

If I have to engage beyond my comfort zone, I will gladly ADS and hope for the kill. But I'd much rather be holding a scout rifle in my hands if the environment dictates those types of fights more often.

If you haven't had a chance, here's a video with Armistice footage. Like I said, there are many ways to use the weapon, and no way is exclusively right. But what you must do is adapt your playstyle to the attachments you have selected. Or find the attachment that best suits your playstyle.