Coyote status as of 23/01

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Torok

... Broken Overpowered :D

How come noone is screaming out loud already?
    Inb4 next week nerf.
    (I hope so atleast)

If I were to actually make a rational post and ask for a proper tweak/balance fix would be for them to have a Reasonable turning angle, as of now and before they just pull the handbrake and turn 90° outright, wait a second, I'm saying this should be the first thing to tune If they want to keep the RPM and speed at the current values.

I still got owned a couple times using them but if you get on one's trail and anticipate they are deadly and unavoidable.
    What do you Pilots think?

[PSA] With maxed out Reload time Cert they reload in 2 Seconds, pretty much the same time as the certed Nosegun.
    • Up x 1
  2. gigastar

What do i think?

I think i might finally have a crutch to take me into the sky.
    • Up x 1
  3. Akeita

Shhh... No one use it yet because they think it's a long range weapon .3.
  4. sustainedfire

They are hardly overpowered.

In the previous form, they were not viable at all. Now they are at least filling their role in dogfights. The damage is weak, its a finisher/use on reload secondary weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. Torok

Well I surely might be exaggerating things here but My first impression was indeed along the line of... "WOW what is this?"

Come on I want more impressions!
  6. sustainedfire

I think no one is particularly impressed.

It is anti air, it needs to be fast firing and fast moving to land shots on a highly mobile enemy aircraft. Now it is closer to the properties of what one should expect from anti air.
  7. sumsitup

They are a neat little toy. I still fly better w/ vortek and new fuel pods, but these things have a certain fun factor to them (which SOE will probably try find a way to kill).

I too am of the opinion they might be a bit broken in their current form. I am SHOCKED by how fast they reload (even before I maxed out reload) ... if you are switching from coyote to vortek, there is virtually no damage output downtime. For the lulz, they are entertaining to use on infantry as well.

Not better than rocket pods certainly, and not better than just vortek and ab, but something new to break up the monotony of day to day flying. I can certainly see how they will be helpful to newer pilots trying to get into the air game.

EDIT: After some more testing/playing the lack of damage output downtime is really quite amazing.
    • Up x 1