Countering the Nerf

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Selrahc4040, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Selrahc4040

As we're all painfully aware, tanks will be receiving some pretty serious buffs in the near future. Namely, MBT's will NOT die from two bricks of C4. I just have a question for those of you who know the numbers, or can access the test server: Could we finish off a damaged MBT with the Crossbow?
  2. Rhumald

I don't know any of the numbers but I can answer this directly just from regular play experience: no.

The crossbow won't do any noticable damage to the rear of an MBT after unloading over half your bolts, this is, as far as I am aware, intentional, to keep infiltrators from attempting to battle with tanks, instead of filling their intended AI role.
  3. Erendil

I played w/ explosive bolts on the xbow in VR last week for a little bit and it took 15-16 bolts to kill a Prowler from the rear. So you could in theory finish off a MBT after 2 C4 bricks, but chances are they'd drive away first.
  4. Leivve

The way to actually fix it is to let LA bring a third brick. Heck they could make that the thing that makes the class unique is that i can bring a third cube of plastic.
  5. Azimaith

I don't understand the reason why they feel tanks need to take 3 c4 to kill. You get bombed by LA's if you get stuck, are in too close of a quarters, or don't pay attention. All of these things you should not come back from if a player is there to exploit it.
  6. Iridar51

Underbarrel grenade launcher seems more realistic than crossbow.