[Suggestion] Counter-suggestion to the K/D removal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrPapaPenguin, Apr 12, 2018.

1. DrPapaPenguin

No, it's not l2p :p (although that would be nice indeed)

How about we make a new stat called Takedowns, which would combine kills and assists over 20% as well as kills done by the players you have Repaired/Healed/Revived in the last 10 seconds.

That will give a big number that people can feel good about because it's bigger than 2, will hopefully reduce the frustration of killstealing and give an incentive to team up.
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

I would base it off the base XP gain. So dealing 70% to an opponent before someone else kills him means you get 70% to the next takedown stat.
    I would also add a lot more stats. For example, high-value targets killed as a stat. Extreme Menace kills as another one so players can see what kind of important enemies they killed. A vehicle kill stat that should probably incorporate MAX kills. Damage done vs damage dealt per life etc.
    • Up x 1
  3. DrPapaPenguin

Works for me. I just saw the system like this implemented in Fractured Space, attacking the same target gave everyone a takedown.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

Just add a boolean attribute to each player's profile called "showdeath" to make everybody happy.

If showdeaths=0 then the DBG APIs will report 0 as number of deaths (either with or without revives since those are different calls).

If showdeaths=1 then the DBG APIs will report the exact number of deaths (either with or without revives).

Deaths are always tracked so at any point in time a player can flip that attribute.