"Counter Sniper" or tanking sniper headshots

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Tulisotilas, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Tulisotilas

So there is nano armor cloak. Alright 25% bullet resistance when active, fair. But it also gives 100 extra shield, which makes the infiltrator just another heavy assault. Now add some of that aux shielding and our 900 hp infiltrator is now 900 (base hp) + 100 + 50 hp. Do some math and realize that 75% of 1400 dmg headshot equals to 1050. This in practice means that if you time cloak right and stand even an inch further than the maximum damage range - you live. You live a direct headshot from most bolt action rifles as a "squishy" class.

So my opening question for this discussion: Was the whole nano-weave fiasco for nothing? So anyone who wants to survive headshots have to be either heavy, or weirdly enough infiltrator. For all my years playing this game I thought the 900hp infiltrators had low shield health just because their survivablity comes from the fact that they cannot be seen.

For those who can change things: Is this intended that those two item work together? Is the nano armor cloaking supposed to resist headshots? Or was this just overlooked when the aux shield was given to fill the slot for newcomers?

For those who want to argue: Is this fair use of mechanics or just plain bug abuse?
    I'd say it is stupid that any infil can survive headshot. And as for my testing it took me around 4 minutes from encountering someone tanking my headshot to become one surviving a normally lethal headshot. So this is not some rare case where stars align, but a consistent and easily abusable loadout.

ps. If you see NC cloaker called Rebeltunafish on Miller, I dare you to try to snipe me!
    pps. Absolutely no long-range snipers that deal more than 700 base damage, please.
  2. TommySharks

Dude, the headshots only matters in CQC circumstances. At 50m+ ranges you most likely would want to aim for body instead cause trying to hit head is not worth anymore at that ranges. Unless you shooting stationary target of course.

And, also, small correction: Nano-weave cloak actually gives 35% small arms resist at rank 5
    Second correction: the headshot multiplier on all sniper rifles except Daymio (which has x3.5) is x2.1 so having 700 dmg you deal more than 1400 its 1470

Also, worth to mention, nobody tries to shoot stealth target, in fact, most people wouldn't even notice it. So if i'm playing my CQC-sniper loadout and i see stealth target in close proximity i will rather pull out my pistol with a flashlight instead.

So returning to your bunch of questions. Yes, having 35% small arms mitigation on top of +100hp is allowing you to survive headshots pretty much from anything. But wheres the benefit? In 999 situations out of 1000 your enemy most likely will pull out a pistol with flash light or simply wouldn't even notice you. At longer distances as i mentioned above you would rather aim for body.
  3. JibbaJabba

The invisible class has more effective health than a resist heavy and due to clientside can fire while still essentially visible.

So you're telling me this isn't working out well as a fun experience for others? I don't understand.