Countdown for desertation. Stop me with quality.

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by BudelbertCalypso, Mar 31, 2013.

1. BudelbertCalypso

Playing the game for a few weeks now. Ranked up to rank 28 at the moment.
    I go for all classes, considering the situation, balancing the team.
    I do prefer Engineer in general, Heavy for vehicles, Light for C4 and positioning.

I'm very close to quit playing the game. What made the Countdown start:

The general Minimum:

1. Lack of Teamplay
    - most guys driving by, not even giving a ride, no matter how often you scream for
    - Ego Squads, only caring for themselves, if even that
    - Medics seem to prefer reviving for more XP instead of healing
    - no marking of enemies
    - no communication, or trashtalk in squadleader-chat so noone reads anymore

2. Tactics
    - people waiting in safe room calling it defending instead of going for the enemy's spawn-sources
    - Lemming-behaviour: all look in 1 direction. No securing/attacking back or flanks
    - goin straight for base, ignoring outposts (may work sometimes, but often looks like luck)
    - no priorities. saving a sunderer is worth sacrificing 1 respawn, most seem to see that different.
    And please don't camp there if this is a spawning one. Don't make it a goal for the enemy.

3. Strategy
    - so often seen: all go for crown, we lose many territories - record recognized by me: 11
    - zerging = boring (if it's the main strategy)
    - preferring xp-bases instead of those who give the faction advantages on map

I know XP is important in this game. But playing with that as the priority is outta hell boring, feels like work
    and remembers me what a waste of time gaming can be. But I dont want to be remembered if I do play. :)

I'm looking for an outfit that works with arguments. All Outfits I met were arrogant and soo exclusive.
    Don't take yourselves too serious, it's just a game.
    I don't need the most skilled players as long as they try tactics and go for teamplay.
    It doesnt even have to work as long as we tried.
    I will follow orders but not if it's just a 15year old who wants to play the big man. I'm too old for this.
    Tell me why if we got different plans and I'm ready to learn.
    I will go for a plan I might think is the wrong one if you are mature enough to agree that what I may predicted came true.
    I will because I want to learn and get better.
    I will sacrifice myself for keeping the attention of the enemy to one side, so you can surprise them on the other one.
    I will jetpack to a tree, only marking all enemies near you... Your XP, our win. That's ok for me.

In the end it comes down to the point that this game is a teamplay-game for me which has a lot of potential
    to have fun with it. It's the reason why I started playing it. I want to work together.
    So it's strange to only see the opposite of it: Ignoring teamplay.
    But in the end it's what the players make out of it.
    And if the community either is too arrogant to include a player with that motivation or doesn't even play it that way,
    releasing its potential for maybe a mentioned reason, then this is the wrong game for me.

I hope who reads this gets the deal, stops the countdown. 14 days from now on.

Or is it like it felt recently: Massive Online Singleplayer ?

Ingamename: Klapeteran