Could you guys help me with NC LMGs ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kaezer, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Iridar51

It's not an argument. Nobody has 100% accuracy. By your logic, BASR is the best weapon for CQC.

You may as well preface your argument "if SAW is used by the best player in the game, it's fine in CQC". Can agree with that, but why should we define how good / bad gun is when it's used by the best? Average performance is more important, and average player "can't aim".

This is the stupidest thing you've said in this argument. ADSing has lots of disadvantages, like narrowing field of vision and slowing the player down, it should be avoided when possible, especially for CQC, if the player doesn't want to be 3-tapped by another SAW user.;)
    Not surprised to hear this from an LMG user, though. Most LMGs can almost never afford to hip fire.
    Not because it has the lowest RoF. Having low RoF actually makes Cyclone not as good as it coule be. It's not really about how good Cyclone is, and more about how bad other SMGs are.
    To point out that circumstances can be different. Nanoweave is one of the most popular suit slots for all classes.
    You say it's a cherry picked example, but you yourself use another cherry picked example, when player doesn't have nanoweave.

0.04s differences in TTK between LMGs are meaningless, impossible to notice.

But only for SAW nanoweave increases TTK by 50%, which is insane for just 20% damage reduction. That's the point I started out with. That gun struggles against nanoweave, and having to always ADS for headshots is a terrible engagement style for CQC.

SAW is a great gun, pretty much a hanheld artillery for ranged combat. The fact remains, it's the worst LMG for CQC.

My "egoblog" is used by hundeds of people every day and they find it useful, and thank me for it. What have you done, mr. reality denial?

Either way, if you said one sane thign during this whole ordeal is that arguing with an idiot makes me look stupid. I'm done, you're in ignore list.
  2. Pinkpuff

You live in a fantasy world where facts are ignored in favor of delusion. Clearly you don't play heavy and clearly you never leave the roof.

I now know this to be true after having watched a couple of your videos. Do you even know what ground is, or more importantly a point room? Do you really think that just because you were awful with LMG's that everyone will be? You're pure try hard from top to bottom. Even your 'testing' of the horizontal tolerances yielded the same information that was already known and aired out on reddit for years.

And keep in mind this thread was started by a person asking how to improve with the SAW. After middling advice from you, the missing advice from me, you then went full ego mode and derailed the thread. All of this without considering for a moment that you don't even play the class in question or use the weapon being discussed.

That's pretty cancer.
  3. Iridar51

Wrel released a video that pretty much echoes my own thoughts on the topic.
  4. DeadlyOmen

That was a fun argument to read. Heavy punches landed by both sides.

I like 200 dmg weapons; they're fun.
  5. BrbImAFK

Honestly, just go Anchor all the way. It's literally the best LMG in the game, bar none. Back when OoD still worked, it pretty much topped all the charts, all the time.
  6. MavCooL

Find your own weapon that you get the best feeling...
    But for your reference... here it is...
    I aurax SAW, EM1, EM6 and Anchor is otw...
    SAW is for long range weapon...
    EM6 is kinda in the middle
    EM1 is my weapon of choice... I aurax EM1 very fast and it still feels good close to medium range...
    People say anchor is the best weapon bla bla bla... but IMO it's the worst weapon of them all... Kinda regret buying anchor... and aurax it is a pain in the ****... Sure the stats is higher than any weapon you compare... but the horizontal recoil you get when ADS is stupid and uncontrollable ( even with forward grip )
    You can't kill any infantry, let alone heavy with full burst at medium range ( EM1 and EM6 can do this easily )... with anchor you are gonna hav a harder time if the enemy is not really really close...
    • Up x 1
  7. DarkStarAnubis

From another noob/casual player: I equip it with HVA, x4 or x6 sight, compensator, grip and avoid CQC (The truth is I suck at it anyway!). The various engagement scenarios:

- 100 to 300 m --> It is good because you can easily engage distant target (a shot each time) and you have almost infinite ammo. Stationary targets can be killed and running targets can be damaged (some times killed if you have luck). Even snipers: they need more time to aim if they are using a bolt-action rifle and every time you land a hit you break their fire pattern: they don't die but they have to restart and during that time you land a second shot, again and again until either they disengage or die.If you don't mind the fact you get a lot of assists but rarely a complete kill (the stubborn sniper) you can do a lot of support.

- 60 to 100 m --> The distance is too high to fire in burst (short or long) so you have to fire single shot but enemy will fire burst instead, so either you advance to close the gap, or retreat to increase the distance. Here I usually avoid an engagement because it would simply draw attention on me.

- 15 to 60 m --> The SAW shines because you can fire in burst, long or short depending on the distance but you have to be stationary to get good results, so what I usually do is engage the shield/go prone/equip the sight all at the same time. You can engage and sustain a few hits thanks to the shield so you usually kill the other guy and the recoil plays for you: even if you aim low and try to compensate, most likely you will slowly creep up and that means a good chance to get an head-shot or two to deliver the final hit and kill the enemy

- below 15 m --> the x4 or x6 sight now plays against you (tunnel vision) and hip-firing is a waste of ammo given the big CoF (even using the laser designator) ...

Given this, I tend to position myself where I can engage the enemy and support the front-line fighters (staying in the 15 to 60m range) and this is not possible I start to look further for targets of opportunity further back or sideways. If the front moves, I move as well.
  8. ListenTourBalls

Assuming you are nc, I'm also a newish player so here is my limited perspective. The gauss saw is amazing but not very forgiving. I found firing single shots at medium range to have success thanks to the weapons high damage. That same quality makes spraying and praying a 50/50 proposition in cqc, not bad imo for a machine gun. I use the 3.4x scope which is apparently an unusual choice but it really extends the usable range. I snipe snipers with that thing sometimes. This weapon takes practice. I haven't tried the gas saw s, the select fire may be helpful but I'm not sure about the other differences.
    The only other mg I have experience with is the anchor. I treat it like a big assault rifle. The magazine is large enough you can put down some suppressing fire. The reload speed can also surprise enemies looking to take advantage.
  9. Pratham

lol, that straw man though.
  10. C0smos

Pretty much this, Anchor mode best all rounded lmg of the game.
  11. RockPlanetSide2

Step 1: Buy GD22-S or LA1 Anchor
    Step 2: Have a computer that can play at 60+ FPS medium fights, 45-60 Large Fights
    Step 3: Be on a Fiber Optic Network (early 2000s Cable is just not good enough)
    Step 4: Enjoy your 5-6 KDR infantry score.

Your skill level will not matter if you have the above. Outside of you trying to play with your feet, you will just kill people in actual combat as fast as you take down VR dummies.

If you don't do the above, you will suffer from what everybody else does, 25% of your shots wont registers, You will be killed by somebody with a better connection even before you can shoot back, etc.

This game does not reward Reflexes as much as other shooters, this game rewards gaming rig power and connection power... just get it done.