[Suggestion] Could we finally address a2g

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Dec 9, 2021.

1. TR5L4Y3R

when scrap controlls stay being scrap controlls to the point of actualy being wristpain inducing then scrap learning to fly in this game .. even if i went the masocistic way of learning to fly that doesn´t change the bad ballance with aircraft having a clear advantage over almost everything else ..
  2. LodeTria

How is it any more painful on the hands than infantry?
  3. BlackFox

More directions to move to, a more limited FOV, no control customization for the mouse axis, the crosshair isn't lined up with the weapons....
    • Up x 1
  4. TR5L4Y3R

with an esf you are constantly moving even if not steering also bad sensitivityoptions cause me to oversteer many times which means i have to almost constantly correct my movement ... the big difference between aircraft movement and infantry/vehicle movement is that the latter (with exception of lightassault Jumpjets and infantryjumps) only use two dimensions of movement were aircraft uses 3, so by default you use more keys/inputs just for movement, additionally you potentially may keep pressing movementkeys/inputs for longer periods of time on average compared to playing as Infantry/vehicle ... add to that with the use of cover you rather may position yourself as infantry/tank only to move in bursts/short periods from point A to B ... as harrasser/flash you rather want to keep being more mobile thus spending more time on pressing movementinputs on average .. not necessarily so much with tanks ..

as esf it depends on A2G and A2A scenarios, you may use slightly less active movement when in a A2G scenario but definitively more in A2A/hoverfighting scenario ... as such the latter will put more strain on your primary steering hand ..

i tried a different approach in order to at least get into basic flying without getting wristpain, becoming a heretic using a xbox controller, unfortunately as i expected it turned out that the Xboxcontroller just didn´t have the amount of buttons to cover my desire to switch to keyboard/mouse as little as necessary .. ..

so i tried something different again, which is this abomination:
    https://picclick.com/Elecom-game-pad-USB-24-button-MMO-black-383184219127.html

now getting the thing to work was quite a PITA (including that the menu as well as the manual was only in friggin japanese and not in english -_- ) and with 3rd party Inputprogramms i almost got it were i wanted it to be ... ALMOST ... but then PS2s weird inclusion of not having yaw on the same stick with pitch instead of roll similar to how we can´t have it on the mouse for some reason .. annnnd the messed up sensitivitysettings ultimately made the whole venture crash and burn ... so i quit until i can muster up the motivation to try again .. so no flying for me still as much as i would want to ...
  5. Eberron101

Suggestion - enable Engies to deploy barrage balloons. Effective in WW1 and 2, should be effective here :D
  6. BlackFox

That would be fun, I can imagine a TR engineer singing "99 red ballons"