[Suggestion] Could this efficiency system for VP Gens be adjusted?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puppy, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Puppy

To give a quick example of why I feel it's somewhat wonky here is a screenshot of a VP Gen on Esamir right next to the warpgate.

[IMG]

This shouldn't be useful right? It's barely off of the warpgate at all, but here is the efficiency:

[IMG]

76% for a VP Gen directly linked to your own warpgate doesn't really make sense even if the warpgates are closer together.

Is it just me that this bothers? Has this already been discussed and if so is an update to this being considered? Is it fair and I'm just not realizing? Anyhow, there is my annoyance of the day. Enjoy, or post hate comments, or possibly both. :p
  2. JKomm

It bothers everyone, whoever gets that Warpgate immediately has an advantage due to that HIVE location there, I'm very certain it's just an issue with coding, but I hope a fix comes soon.
  3. Crayv

It is due to the fact that efficiency is dictated by the distance to the nearest enemy warpgate. Since those two warpgates are so close to each other building right outside your own warpgate is enough to put you at a high efficiency rating.

So yeah, HIVES should probably be adjusted to be a ratio of links to the enemy warpgate compared from your own.

Actually I would see it adjusted so the further from your warpgate the more VP it makes and if it is close enough to an enemy warpgate it drains VP from them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Stigma

There really needs to be a toggleable layer added to the map that previews efficiency for HIVEs depending on placement. Right now I think you basically just have to pop one down and hope it's good - or know from experience what spots are good. That's not good enough as 95% of players won't have that kind of veteran experience. Heck even a lot of the veterans who haven't delved deep into construction yet (myself included) don't know all these details. You shouldn't need to go read up on a reddit thread to find a suitable location for a HIVE.

-Stigma
    • Up x 1