Could OBS project result in a ban?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Master, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Master

It's a free streaming software that utilizes little to no resources from your computer....it's simply brilliant. I've been using it for quite some time. I stopped using it bc an outfit mate had a scare where he got banned and he thought OBS was the culprit.

http://obsproject.com/

Can a moderator please confirm if OBS project is allowed and won't raise any red flags? Would be most appreciated.
  2. Sliced

I don't think it can get you banned as it doesn't effect the game.
    However it should still be cleared first.
    If you want, submit a ticket and ask the support team. You would probably get a faster response.
  3. Maer

I use it. I haven't been banned.

/thread
  4. Master

not a good answer, bc i believe it uses an overlay, if it does...than it COULD get you banned.
  5. Master

I just might do that....
  6. Talizzar

Streaming has no interaction with the game. It simply streams what you have on your screen. If you are reading email, watching **** or playing the game, that is what viewers will see if you are live.

OBS is short for open broadcast software for streaming and recording video. This not that unlike Fraps. So no you won't get banned for using it.
  7. Hydragarium

Overlays that have no interaction with the game are NOT bannable. Official word has confirmed this multiple times - you will NOT be banned for using streaming, teamspeak, mumble or what have you.