Could DB rewamp the goddamn ARX weapons ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhello, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Rhello

Lets be clear from the start : I stopped playing actively like 3/4 weeks ago when I unlocked the Shuriken (TR directive SMG), simply because I had gotten like 4000+ kills to get rewarded with a downgraded, unsilenced, flashy version of the armistice; and having to face this, plus the lags, and the heavyside gameplay, was simply not fun at all.
    When it comes to this weapon, it tries so hard to be the NS7 PDW, but fails miserably at it because of the atrocious horizontal recoil and the damage drop-off. And according to some research on Auraxium weapons (checked reviews and stuff), a lot of them feel like downgrades of the base weapons, while they should be a reward and offer a new challenge to old players while providing balanced advantages that are specific to the factions (ex : VS arx weapons has a heat mechanic but less rounds per mag, another example could be the butcher or the Godsaw's recoil). The weapons should have to be tamed thanks to the experience we acquired through the game. Instead of that, we get carbon copies between factions when it comes to attachments, and the platform these attachments are snapped on is always a weapon that is already existing, so it doesn't really provide anything new.

Something I've been thinking of is to add a slight spin up bonus (50 RPM max) for the TR weapons, and slightly more damage to the NC auraxium weapons in some way, so they actually feel different from the arsenal of their respective factions and being effective with them would require more taming than it would on the non auraxium weapons, since these bonuses would come to a cost of a higher vertical recoil. Another thing I've been thinking off is to give to the unsilenced guns advanced flash suppressors with little to no effect on the bloom, and to give advanced silencers to SMGs, since mostly infiltrators are using them, and SMGs aren't really focused on medium ranges in any way like a carbine.

You can consider it as a suggestion, or a rant, or anything you can think of, since I know that there's a little chance for auraxium weapons to get a rewamp any time soon.
  2. Flag

If it makes you feel any better, the Scorpio (I think that's the name of the VS one) is about as unremarkable. Doesn't even get the VS trademark Heat mechanic.
  3. ALN_Isolator

The carbines and (not the butcher, sorry TR) LMGs do feel like upgrades to the defaults and specialize them more into one playstyle without hurting them otherwise. However all the other directive weapons are either stat clones or so close to the point you wouldn't notice, or downgrades. (such as BEAMER > IMMORTAL seriously look at the stats on the Immortal it's horrible)

If you want to go the way of integrated attachments fine just do what you did with carbines and give them multiple rail attachments. (Gauss Prime, Darkstar and T1A now have a laser sight/grip combo as an example, or Skorpios, Tempest, and Shuriken now have extended mags/adv laser and/or forward grip combo)
  4. Nalothisal

I love my Godsaw, probably better than it's older brother the Gauss Saw. They did revamp the LMG ARX guns a while back, (though the Butcher still needs some looking at). From what happened when they were launched, the Godsaw had HVA ammo and no comp or forward grip. Now it sill has HVA but no additional recoil and has com and grip benefits, so overall it's good.
  5. Demigan

The Auraxium weapons should be the most customizable weapons in the game. You earned it! Right now you are stuck with whatever convoluted and often weird combination of attachments that you can think off which don't make the weapon special.
    The Heat mechanic helps make the weapons special, the underbarrel shotgun on the aurax Carbines make them special, but for all other weapons it's just a dark and murky pool of underpoweredness.
    NC Shotgun? Gets less maximum ammo with extended mag than the shotgun it's based on and it's underbarrel shotgun isn't useful as having two more shots is more powerful and useful in 99% of the situations.
    The Aurax SMG's? You've seen it yourself.
    Sidearms? A silenced version of the startup pistol with half the muzzle velocity (but the rest of the stats remain the same).
    Assault rifles? Are slightly better in some area's but suffer from worse COF's in some stances by a whole 0,5 points.
    Battle Rifles? 50m/s more speed and worse COF's for each hipfire stance, for a weapon that's supposed to be accurate! Aside from the fact that it's supposed to be part of the Scout rifle Directives...?
  6. Armcross

Why do you want to rewamp a wampy weapon?
  7. Liewec123

people argue that aurax weapons shouldn't be better, but i disagree, i think they SHOULD be better, but only slightly.
    they should be like the standard versions allowing for upgrades to be attached, but they should also have a preattached upgrade,

i'll take my Brawler for example, it should work just like the Mauler, it should let me attach extended mag and slugs,
    but it should also have the smart choke and UBSG pre-attached.
    thats not going to be gamebreaking, but it will mean that i will actually want to use the weapon that i grinded for.
  8. FateJH

Why did you grind for [the weapon] in the first place?
    • Up x 1
  9. Ianneman

10. Liewec123

its a shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun for the shotgun faction, i just had to have it :)
    i still use it and still like it for the oneshots of the UBSG, but from a pure stat perspective its actually a downgrade.
  11. Jake the Dog

I still want an auraxium tank weapon :(
    • Up x 3
  12. ALN_Isolator

Prowler AP cannons that have a smaller "C4 ARX" explosion on contact? Me likey.

P-120A Sentinel on the way!
    • Up x 1
  13. ronjahn

Hahahahhaha you actually think they are going to do something cool for tanks???????

Oh wait your serious.....

My suggestion has always been to say goodbye to the Auraxium Lumifiber(you know since it looks EXACTLY like standard Lumifiber that I paid for and is now wasted money)and instead give us Auraxium plating, similar to the Gold Plating, except Purple, but I would take an awesome Auraxium Titan150AP :)
    • Up x 1
  14. Jake the Dog

The unhappy face at the end shows my doubt for them to do it.
  15. Rhello

3 months later, nothing changed, most ARX weapons are still garbage, and particularly the shuriken, and here's why.

[IMG]

The orange line isn't the shuriken, but the armistice. The shuriken has a special barrel that increases its accuracy at range, yet the recoil (horizontal one) is horrible, and who's going to use an SMG in burst fire at range ? Note it also has HVA ammo, which increases further the recoil, with barely any gain.

The numbers on the left side are the damages, and the amount of bullets it takes to kill a guy with nanoweave 6 + resist shield, without both, it takes 8 or something (on the lowest range possible).

You got it all wrong on ARX weapons, I earned the shuriken, I auraxiumed it, and I just feel a bitter taste, the taste of a ****** weapon that leaves its owner dead in most of the fights.

EDIT : I see that DB has nothing on wishlist, and I think rewamping ARX weapons would be, really, really cool.
  16. Pelainis117

I would like to have Close range sniper directive gun. I mean you have phantom/ Ghost close range sniper but there is no directive gun for it only long range sniper. That's sad :/ Scorpion Vanu SMG's directive gun is useless was going to have it for infinity ammo but seems like it doesn't have it. So there is no point to get it since this gun isin't better than regular smg's.
  17. Bindlestiff

I would take this in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd settle for just SOME of the plating to be Auraxium at this stage.
  18. nehylen

The auraxium SMGs and BRs are an enigma to me. I guess HVA on them could kind of make sense, if there was a grip of sorts on them, but as it is, it's pointless. Still going for Shuriken out of principle these days but certainly not for variety.

As for BRs, take a default TR/NC BR, put HVA, grip and comp on. And there you have it, same gun but the skin on it: same max damage range, same velocity, same recoil pattern, cof, you name it. Only difference with arx? 10m on min damage range. (95m instead of 85 thanks to super duper ultra HVA). Who cares?
    And the VS arx BR? Same except...not even a grip on it (featured on the model, not in the stats).
  19. Reclaimer77

Yeah tanks never get anything cool. Oh wait hold on, my Sunderer just exploded from some sniping Gatekeeper Prowler from 50 miles away...
  20. Rhello

Forgot about the fact that for the battle rifles/scout rifle directive, 3 out of 4 scout rifles are locked for the inf, while one is locked for medic/heavy/engineer. And yet the reward is locked for these three classes.

Please unlock the battle rifle for the inf, and end this nonsense while you're at it.