[Suggestion] Cosmetic change to the Analyst helmet

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Doc Jim

Hi guys, just a quick suggestion concerning the Analyst helmet (reward for participation on testserver).

The top of the helmet does not get covered by camo and that is ok. What isn't ok is that the top of the helmet is yellow-orange, no matter which faction the wearer belongs to. This is a friendly-fire-hazard ;-)

My suggestion is simple: have the colour on top of the helmet be the factions secondary colour: leave it yellow for NC, make it that weird blue-green for VS and light gray for TR.
    • Up x 6
  2. Tommyp2006

Agreed, I've shot a couple people over the gold head stripe. Just like I've shot a few TR wearing the Cyan hossin camo.
    • Up x 3
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

totally agree. i always find myself hesitating for a moment when i encounter a vanu teammate with dark-blueish camo and the analyst helmet. it's like "GAAHH, A SPACEMURICAN! FIYAAA!..... no wait!"

i even shot some guys accidentally due to this. it sickens me because my brain keeps repeating the same error and that kinda reduces my combat effectiveness. and since that freakin helmet is so prevalent, it's even worse
  4. Pikachu

Haha funny to see others think the same. The orange top is ugly. It should be faction colored. Red/blue/purple.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Harmaakettu

Totally up for it.

Killed some friendly guy wearing this helmet and the hossin mist camo while I was shooting with my chaingun. First thought that came in to my mind when I saw that guy within my peripheral vision was "OH LOOK A VANU" and then I saw the helmet and thought "WAIT IT'S AN NC! SHOOT HIM ANYWAY!" And boy was I wrong both times when he turned out to be a fellow Terran...

Normally I don't have any issues telling friendlies and enemies apart but when a friendly with an ambiguous camo and a helmet passes by the edge of my screen while I'm focusing on some real enemies I instinctively feel like I'm getting flanked and I gotta shoot that guy. Occasionally happens with Vanu wearing camos like indar dry brush or giraffe and they manage to slip by especially if the area is crowded with friendlies. Hardly ever happens with NC though, their bulky armors are a pretty dead giveaway.
  6. TraatAdmiral

Likewise, full support. Even besides the teamkilling issues, it also looks really bad IMO.
    • Up x 1
  7. John_Aitc

I have had the same experience with the helmet. Fortunately, TR killing TR is practically a faction trait. You barely even need to apologize.

I would welcome the change to the item as well. the OP's suggestion seems reasonable.
  8. Doc Jim

Pikachu's suggestion of using the primary faction colours would be ok as well, I just thought we might as well roll with secondary colours, as the yellow/orange is pretty fitting for NC.
  9. GnashingOfBeaks

I personally like the yellow as it helps me blend in with NC. >:D

But yes, I've been TK'ed because of it as well. I agree that the yellow-orange in general though is a pain in the butt, especially for people like the look, but are afraid they'll be easily spotted.

I would support the Analyst Helmet being recolored on the top either be uniform with camo or to have a more neutral and less "Hey look, here's my head, come and shoot it" sort of color.
  10. Crator

How about allowing you to pick the color you want? :eek: