Corney engi

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by HenryTD, Feb 4, 2015.

1. HenryTD

For god sake pls learn how to use your rep gun, so many time I see engies just run pass maxes asking for rep. My main class is engi and I rep everyone that needed help(not those who rambo out and expect me to follow them to rep) When I put out max I just so frustrated with the way Corney engies play, 8 out of 10 engi just run like crazy toward the enemy while 2-3 maxes crying for rep, sometime they just stand there do nothing( not afk either) while next to them are 2-3 maxes and people need rep + ammo.
    • Up x 1
  2. Plastikfrosch

Whenever i play engy i repair maxes and tanks whenever i see that sign over them and i switch to engy if a max stands nearby a terminal and screams for repairs BUT, there are so many maxes, screaming for repairs but dont stop moving or the moment you start repairing them they run back into battle and want you to follow them into the enemys line of fire willing to die while repairing them. And i am not willing to follow them while holding my repairgun. If i have to run through enemys territory i prefer my carbine in my hands and if a max wants to be repaired he has to take cover with me.
    Also there are so many stupid maxes that prefer watching the engy repairing them instead of checking the area for incoming enemys. I never stand still while repairing, but while holding my repairtool in my hands i am without protection and it costs time to switch to my weapon and i died a lot because i was repairing some maxes.

So if you want to be repaired: stay behind cover and protect your engy or all the engys who died to often because of stupid maxes will ignore you in the future.
    • Up x 1
  3. repairtool6

Many MAX players probably dont know that using the repairtool actually pings you on the minimap. Just like shooting a gun.
    So they feel it is safe because we stay behind a wall and repair and they relax but the whole time the enemy know our exact location.

They have to be ready for that.

So MAX: When you get repaired, the enemy can see us on the radar
  4. McMan

And the enemy will come in expecting to kill one noob only to be met by and killed by a MAX
  5. HenryTD

yeah I do it to, when a max refuse to stay in cover in order for me to rep,I just ignore him. but this is not the case here, I post this cus so many time I myself see it or in this situation while maxes are far behind friendly line and in a room with several other ppl, and guess what engies keep running pass them to get to the fire fight and for what? get gun down in 1s -.-". Sometime I stay right next to our ally sundy crying out "need rep" still engies keep spawning and just run pass me like i'm a ghost :v
  6. Kraviec

Looks like I'm one of those. Now look, I started like 4 days ago and played HA at first. Then I heard it's noobclass and I don't like being gimmicky so I watched Wrel's vid on farming certs and he recommended engi. I played an engi for some time and fell in love with the class. It fits my playstyle because what I noticed is that all the classes have very similar firepower, so in fact I'm free to choose whichever suits me best and still engage in firefights. In addition to being just fine, engi gives me great utilities, namely rep, ammo pack (which is both useful and great for exp) and the turret which works miracles when placed correctly and can grant me kills and, more importantly, provide covering fire - enemy troops actually fall back and let my friends advance. I don't want to go full support because that's not my thing and with the amount of MAXes around it would keep me occupied forever. That's why I only rarely rep MAXes. I roll a soldier and engi class gives me nice bonuses without anyone calling me HA lame L2P
    Oh and tonight a MAX I was repairing ran away from 2 regular troops, while I was taking cover behind him. How can I not hate those?